3DR Pixhawk and Taranis

Chalagi

Does anyone here use a Taranis and 3DR Pixhawk? I"m looking for a Eepeom that I can use as a standard to setup my Tarot 680MM Pro. I have been reading some on the web and have really gotten myself very confused. Some don't even make sense as far as making then even work.

Old Man

You should be able to use Pixhawk default PID's and be real close to right. Basic control inputs are standard. Only the "frills" like pan and tilt functions will require extra effort. Flight modes and their channel/switch assignment often ends up user preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalagi

Trying to get help (Like you ask for) from some of the "Help forums" is like trying to steal gold from Mr. T. But thanks Old Man I understand about using the default pid numbers. They mainly exist just to get you off the ground so the MR can later be fined tuned on the roll and pitch.

Old Man

I'm not familiar with the Taranis but understand one gets to assign just about everything anywhere. I understand you are seeking a data file you can simply upload bit you will have to find someone with the same Tx, FC, and copter to go that route. The FC gains will be very, very close to perfect as is if you dial in the basic channel travels using the FC assistant. Sorry but i don't fly with Taranis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mactadpole

I can try to help but it will be time dependent. I set mine up using youtube tutorial vids and text based tutorial like this: http://flitetest.com/articles/arduplane-flight-modes-on-an-frsky-taranis or

It takes a lot of time if your not familiar with it but it is awesome in the end.

I'm not sure how to get an EEPROM but will see if I can get some time this weekend to do so and send your way. I am now using the six position dial switch for flight modes but the rest should work fine. I should mention I am a lefty and like all my switches down for off position if that matters to you.

Chalagi

No problem I was just looking for an example. It's easier to assemble something complex if you have a base to go by. It just makes life so much easier. I have just gotten to the programming part on the Pixhawk and right now I"m waiting on my 30V power cable so I can connect my 6S batteries.

Mactadpole

No problem I was just looking for an example. It's easier to assemble something complex if you have a base to go by. It just makes life so much easier. I have just gotten to the programming part on the Pixhawk and right now I"m waiting on my 30V power cable so I can connect my 6S batteries.
I will do what I can to help for sure.

Where did you get the 30V high amp power module? I ask because I got lazy and instead of building my own like normal (I already had the parts) I ordered one on ebay. It was supposed to be for 6s and 100A. I was running 4s and never went over about 65A and it blew up when I was 10m above my driveway coming in for a landing. Trashed the copter.

Definitely test it. over grass.

Chalagi

Thanks for the link Mactadpole. And I will try and check out the power module. Hey part of your screen name is my sons nick name (Tadpole)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
does the Taranis offer something that works much better with Pixhawk than the other commercially available radios?

just curious as I venture down the Pixhawk road

Mactadpole

I was using Graupner MX-20 radio for a long time and then decided to get a Taranis because I am starting to deliver some systems to conservation orgs and researchers, and they are much cheaper. I soon discovered that it is actually a really great radio that offers a lot of options. It can be configured in so many ways and you can even feed telemetry from the Pixhawk to the Taranis. I actually prefer to use the small telemetry modules from FrSky instead since it provides some redundancy between what the Pixhawk feeds to the ground station and what the FrSky sensors feed to the Taranis. I also really like being able to add all the custom voice outputs and such, especially flight modes.

Chalagi

The Taranis cost less than you high end type radios and it has features that are not standard on the high end radios.

Mactadpole

Does anyone here use a Taranis and 3DR Pixhawk? I"m looking for a Eepeom that I can use as a standard to setup my Tarot 680MM Pro. I have been reading some on the web and have really gotten myself very confused. Some don't even make sense as far as making then even work.

Have you gotten it setup yet?

Chalagi

This is how I setup my Taranis. And right now I"m have a pin trying to get the pixhawk setup. I can get it to arm the motors.

Attachments

• Taranis flight modes.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 416

dazzab

does the Taranis offer something that works much better with Pixhawk than the other commercially available radios?
Not that I'm aware of. I think it's popular with that sector because like the Pixhawk it's open source and highly configurable. It's also a good balance of quality and price, IMHO.