12FG or 14Sg with A2

xahhax

I am currently buiding a 2 man setup.
I have been flying a 12FG for 4 years so I thought I could 'upgrade' to a 14SG and use my 12FG for the camera operation.
I am quite disappointed a the quality of the 14SG. The screen is smaller with less pixels/info, the gimbals are better on the 12 and the overall build does not scream quality - maybe i should have note more research. Looks like I should have gotten a 8FG super. instead to compliment the 12. My bad.
Anyway, I also read all issues (issues?) using a 14sg with an A2.
I am better off using a 12 with the A2? In both cases is it better to use the futaba receiver vs the integrated one in the A2?

Thanks Guys!

kloner

Aerial DP
If it was me i'd use whatever doesn't have telemetry built in.....

Ed, one thing i've noticed with the a2 threads that go awry is they use the new futaba radio. it came out after a2 and replaced 8fg. every single person that has 10 flights then it leaves is on these radios. Maybe it's the inexperience from being new to the hobby but i've seen vetrans with the same kinds of results. My 8fg has never had a hiccup with a2 and i'll never change that radio till that FC is dead. When i bought it in the first batches it was the only supported radio

Tahoe Ed

Kloner, Thanks for the input. I started with the 8FGS and have since moved to the 14SG. In hindsight, it was a foolish move and I could have saved money just staying with the 8. Both radios do basically the same functions. I have never had an issue with either radio. With the Lightbridge, there are times that I would like to have 16 channels vs the 12 for a single operator but I am not spending $3000 on a radio.