Which is the best radio for the S800?

Hi I am going to get a s800 and WK M, but presently only have a very basic radio, and was going to buy an upgrade. does anyone have any suggestions or advice which model works best for multi rotors?. I think I read somewhere that the radios should be in aircraft mode, not heli mode, but would like any advice on the matter.
thanks for any suggestions

FB

Hi I am going to get a s800 and WK M, but presently only have a very basic radio, and was going to buy an upgrade. does anyone have any suggestions or advice which model works best for multi rotors?. I think I read somewhere that the radios should be in aircraft mode, not heli mode, but would like any advice on the matter.
thanks for any suggestions

FB

Futaba 8FG Super ….! Easy to set up, over ride channels , S-bus compatiable minimum servo wires, Near Future ready to convert Octo version as well

Shiu

Tahoe Ed

What ever you get make sure that you can save your failsafe settings in the receiver. You don't want all that expensive equipment to either fly away or crash because you cannot set up failsafe properly. I use a JR 9503, my favorite, and a Dx8, ok but definitely not my favorite. I mostly use AR8000 receivers, but I also have a R921 and just picked up two of the AR7010 with satellite. They are all capable of "preset" failsafe. For the most part it is a personal choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Ed,

I have been a JR guy for awhile. But that Sbus on the Futaba 8fgS is the ticket. Its SO EASY to setup and expand. Plus for $480 you end with a 14ch rx. 2 sliders, 2 knobs etc..

DX8 only has one knob and that is a total pain.

Don't get me wrong I loved my JR 10x, 9303 and 11X (still use for Helis).

Im lookin to get out of my spektrum gear and the futaba does sound nice, 14 channels is awesome. Wherr is best place to buy it? Anyone want my dx8 with 2 ar8000's and tm1000 telemetry plus altitude lol

Another vote for the Futaba 8fg super. I've got two - one for me and one for my camera op. Very reliable and easy to program once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the discussion, so which mode should the radio be on aircraft or heli?, I see the futaba comes in heli or aircraft options?, does it matter which version you get?

Ian

DennyR

Why not get the Datalink and use a PC with a high end game controller, use a spare radio for the camera operator.