Sharing hoovering Amps per Kg on Octo setups

Hello,

I was thinking that would be interesting to share performance of our Octo setups.
Could you please share your Amps at hoovering and total liftoff weight please?

Please mention your:

Amps at hoovering:
Total liftoff weight:
Powerboard/ESC:
Motor:
Propeller:
Battery cell number:

I think only the above information are relevant when talking about Amps at hoovering, because the frame, FC and other components have not much to do with Amps performance.

If you don't know your Amps at hoovering and you can't measure with ampermeter, you could approximate with the following formula:

Amps = (60*battery capacity used)/(flight time*1000)

Battery capacity used is the amount of mAh you can charge in your battery (your charger usually tells you this at the end of the cycle). This is about 70-80% of the battery rating. Ex: if your battery is 4000 mAh, then your usable capacity is 3200 mAh, by applying the 80% rule.

Flight time is in minutes with decimals. Ex: 4minutes and 45 secs are 4.75

My octo setup :

Amps at hoovering: 41A
Total liftoff weight: 5.1Kg
Powerboard/ESC: 2 x Hercules 2
Motor: Kopterworx KW4 Pro
Propellers: APC 12x3.8 SlowFly
Battery cell number: 5S

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Mihnea,
It's a good idea to share this stuff but it's not something we can just quote from memory. It will probably take some time for different people to put together the info for your thread. Be patient and people will respond to your requests.
Bart

anaka

i think that this is a really good idea, more data we share...stronger we became :D

at the moment i can't declare perfect data, i can only calculate the Amps basing on your formula

Amps at hoovering: 39A
Total liftoff weight: 5.2Kg
Powerboard/ESC: MK BL ctrl 2.0
Motor: MK 3538
Propellers: APC 13x6.5 thin electric
Battery cell number: 4S

Last edited by a moderator:

Amps at hover: 67A
Total liftoff weight: 7.8Kg
ESC: Castle Phoenix Ice 50
Motors: Plettenberg 15-20
Propellers: JXF 14x4 wood