14 Stiches later, I think something is wrong with my DJI 450 Naza...

kloner

Aerial DP
the naza needs to be up against the bottom plate, no velcro, just the tape. That controller flopping around is most likely causing some really weird stuff to happen

The IMU, the led thing, put it out on an arm by itself, over an esc is fine.

Tape/glue/strap the body of the esc down to the arm. i use shoe goo/welders glue with a zip tie over night, then cut the tie once it's dry.

move the rx over to a tab and stick the single wire out the side. leave the sat where you moved it is fine. That ar8000 ant can't touch anything and should be pointed straight, not bent/folded over

You really need to contact horizon and tell them your radio seems to be loosing control, but nothing flashes like it did on the rx's. they'll most likely tell you to send it in, but word of warning, it has to be clean, they wont touch bloody electronics. biohazard

look through here for ideas..... this thing went 2200 feet then hit failsafe regularly.
http://rchelicollective.com/zen/kloner/DJIf450quad/page/2/

this ones uhf, but still laid out the same
http://rchelicollective.com/zen/kloner/DJIf450quad/450fpvlink/

kloner

Aerial DP
mines like this, never had a problem.
011%20%281024x768%29_595.jpg

glued right to the bottom of an esc, others i've put it on top of the arm. just used a timer and not worry about the light, i fly fpv so never see it much anyways...... you might try on top to get visibility of it grounded without props and running so can see if it's still doing it. Seriously, don't prop this thing till youve ran packs on the ground and not seen this problem. You seem to encounter this stuff over and over. Time to change up

snurre

About Spectrum RX orange led; I think the behaviour may have changed slightly through the years. I suggest read up on relevant instruction manual - are you certain the flashing is not due to brown-out? (now that would explain a lot, wouldn't you say). Late RX also have a red LED on the msin RX.
Consider installing the Spectrum logger (if only temporary), then you will have hard facts on link quality, no more guesswork.
I am not updated on earlier issues on the DX8, but remember you can update TX firmware on Spectrum site, once you have registered your product.
Sorry about your fingers and stitches :eek:. RC should not require pain killers but things does not always turn out as expected, do they?

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

leemann

Just tested again, I turned on the DX8, then plugged in a fully charged battery to the 450 it boots up. solid orange light on the satellite as well as the AR8000, but the LED on the NAZA is rapidly flashing orange now and the motors wont even arm. See Image. Thoughts?View attachment 4240

Attachments

• photo (21).JPG
    photo (21).JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 193

kloner

Aerial DP
it acts like it will when your missing a wire to naza from the rx

Take the props off, wiggle around your short cables to the naza at it and the rx and see if it arms. Something is way weird

Do you have any servos? You might see if the rc system works on all channels moving a servo from ch to ch. when you unplug the naza form the rx, it'll need a battery like the nimh that came with it or similar or bec. most servos are only good to 6 volts unless they say otherwise

That imu is so close to that rx,,,,, You might also try this, turn on the tx and set it away from the craft, like 10 feet away then boot the craft. sometimes booting too close can cause some weird stuff. It also does that in failsafe or when naza doesn't see an rc signal

leemann

Ok so just after that photo I came back outside (after leaving the 450 with the battery on and the orange LED blinking away) this was about 5 min later, now no more blinking orange LED, so I powered up the DX8, orange lights on the AR8000 and the satellite come on, and I arm the motors and it starts right up. Do all the tests walk up and down the street to see any loss of connection, nothing, all good so far. I even turned off the DX8 "mid flight" this is now all without props on, and it lowers the throttle (failsafe) until I turn on the DX8 again and pickup where left off. (only thing to note here was that when I turned off the DX8 the orange LED on the NAZA DIDN'T come on which I thought is supposed to happen when you have a radio signal loss (by shutting off the DX8). Other then that everything was fine and "flew" for about 5 min. No orange LED or anything. Landed shut down the motors. Unplugged the battery, waited, plugged it back in, and then rapid orange LED again. waited and watched it this time. It was very fast with no pause at all for the first bit of time. Then it slowed and became more sporadic. And as the time of writing this about 3 or 4 min I looked outside and the orange LED has stopped completely again.
Whats going on here?

leemann

And now I looked again the orange LED is blinking. Seems like a window of time or something this is very strange.

kloner

Aerial DP
need to move the stuff around. most importantly get the naza down solid if your still trying to fly this thing. dunno if you've ever seen a gyro off it's mount and what it'll do, but yea, that thing will slice you open worse than it has if you let it. the imu is a dirty little pig. If your rx antenna wire is stil touching anything, it'll never act right. be like setting the motor in the bed of your pickup and wonderin why it wont go. everything is there, but so far off from how it's suppose to be your gonna see some really weird stuff that isn't usually seen

kloner

Aerial DP
I even turned off the DX8 "mid flight" this is now all without props on, and it lowers the throttle (failsafe) until I turn on the DX8 again and pickup where left off. (only thing to note here was that when I turned off the DX8 the orange LED on the NAZA DIDN'T come on which I thought is supposed to happen when you have a radio signal loss (by shutting off the DX8)

failsafes not coming on. You want to see that with it hooked up to the assistant program. your just seeing your standard bottom throttle bind. if you don't dind it with how i said, you get the standard spektrum failsafe which is the throttle where you had it set when you bound and the rest where they last were. You know, bottom of the calibration screen, failsafe lights up, throttle isn't at the bottom............

But yea, i'm also betting your not seeing the rx's flash is part of the dx8 recal. it's more than software, they were changing hardware in em for a while up through last fall

kloner

Aerial DP
what about the naza? it has to be one piece of tape and the controller, no lifted on velcro crap. it can't move from the frame, has to be rock solid. the imu on the naza aint good either

leemann

I did set it up with white arms to the front I learned on a blade mqx with white blades to the front so I thought it would help. I checked again and I get a red blinking light on the AR8000 when i manually switch off the DX8 and turn it on again mid flight so that part seems to be working.