Hot Rodded my f450

kloner

Aerial DP
This was a scheduled upgrade, nothing to do with dunkin it, but bet this is gonna be the ticket for getting my quad faster and more built for fpv and wind, cause it is always blowin out there. replaced the DJI 2215 with Suppo 2814 1000kv motors. just light flying around the house doesn't draw any more than the dji's did, but when i lean it forward it takes off like a bat outta hell. The throttle is also very sensitive, when you ask it for a little height, it does it now. Much happier with it like this, we'll see how it does in action in a couple weeks when we head back to the desert. Hopefully it runs when i bail cause we drive by Glamis, wanna go fly it up competition hill.....

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

just noticed forgot to pull the tape off the 2 new esc's, ah well. found more damage too, can see it in the video, got a big ol scratch across the gopro case right on the lens. Probably from the retrieval or the trip home in a box. it's 200 miles from here so hard to say

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
Added them. Had done this before but had the frame 90 degrees from where it is now and on the end of that long tab on the bottom of the frame, it shook too much. this seems better. Wanna do some dives from way up and want it more like a frisbee.

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, but now it'll dive like an albatross instead of flop in like a shot duck. Love these motors, got 6 more flights in, way faster and feels alot more stable descending. motors are smooth, it seems quieter, took those escs out of the air gaps on the arms this go. Welder glued em on like last time but on there sides

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

from those legs. 20 mph winds with the cam and legs sticking down were pretty in efficient. stable, but slow

Macsgrafs

How do you find FPV with the gopro, especially since you have it plugged into the high def socket? does it still work ok?

Ross

kloner

Aerial DP
looks great..... it's in 960 mode so it's full screen and super clear. looks like the fpv videos that came out of it that i posted.

whats suppose to be it's problem?

WillM

Looks great kloner. Lean 'n mean, I like it!

MY F450 has bulked up a bit with 500 heli landing gear, a GoPro, all sorts of EagleTree data bits, and LED's. Thanks for reminding me how simple and effective the original kit is. I'm motivated to strip off some of the weight I added and run through a few battery packs to see how I like the difference.

Question - what's with the antenna / mast?

kloner

Aerial DP
better reception. was getting deflection from the props down low

yea, remember the kit we got........ lol

the big motors are where it's at for what i want. This is gonna be fun

Tahoe Ed

I like what you have done. It looks great. I have my F450 loaded down right now with the WKM and Data Link. I am thinking of moving that set up over to the F550 and use the Naza along with my vTx with OsdPro and GPS. 10" Graupners with 4S should be killer. Thanks for sharing.

kloner

Aerial DP
this is what the 960 mode intercepted by another rx into a 65" projection looks like. it's probably the tv cropping it. dunno, kids ate the remote so can't even see the menu anymore

i.php

the goggle show full screen SD 4:3. kinda like it, can see better especialy tilted 45 degrees forward booking along. i'd like to get a tilt gimble someday, would make better film

Ed, the 2215 with 10" graup and 4s are what all the fpv vids i posted in the fpv forum where from. Did really good

WillM

Nice!

I have an OSD Pro. How readable is the OSD data on the FatSharks?

I was going to order the Predators, but am on a waiting list for Dominators. Just curious to know how you like the Predators and how legible the test is in use. I've never used either of them, but it is my understanding that the Predators generate a smaller but sharper image. I could easily switch my order from the Dominators to the Predators.

Thanks,

Will

kloner

Aerial DP
I've only ever seen these so there all i know, but when i used em they had a great picture, but the fit to my face sucked. built these last night, sure hope it makes it less stressful. one thing i noticed was when i'd take the goggles off, it was like walking out of a movie theater in the middle of the day. Can't see anything for a minute without sunglasses.

i.php

mailman35

this is what the 960 mode intercepted by another rx into a 65" projection looks like. it's probably the tv cropping it. dunno, kids ate the remote so can't even see the menu anymore

get a harmony remote, they solve all remote problems for ever! :p

mailman35

woot got my motors on the f450 quad, how to get a dremel tool and widen the center hole in the motor mount area. just waiting for the last bat to charge up then im gonna head out and give it a shot.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Did you have to do any modifying to mount that size motor on the f450 arm? I just ordered a set of iFly 2814 750Kv for a future build (slowly gathering parts) but I'm thinking about putting them on my flamewheel and see how it lifts my gopro gimbal and landing gear. Do the Opto's get hot? I flew all 6 of my batts this morning for the first time ever without a crash, totally stripped down bare stock f450, no mounts, extra landing gear, gopro, nothin but out of the box quad and it was a BLAST!!