new naza not arming motors !!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
mines a f450 kit. it always needs forward and left input to keep it still

I was just looking it over per the other post about making sure the naza sensor is level, mines not, must be my problem, eh? i got a strap on it that was pulling it down crooked.... bet is my problem

That would certainly do it...

Ken

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
mines a f450 kit. it always needs forward and left input to keep it still

I was just looking it over per the other post about making sure the naza sensor is level, mines not, must be my problem, eh? i got a strap on it that was pulling it down crooked.... bet is my problem

I just want to throw in there that I have the exact same drift. It wants to drift right more than anything else. I trimmed it out but not sure if this is the right way to solve it.

Did I mention my NEW (2nd) USB/PMU had the internals rip out with the cord? Wonderful!

View attachment 2414

Attachments

• 2012-01-24_16-30-52_304.jpg
    2012-01-24_16-30-52_304.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 266

You can salvage them if there's enough meat at the hub to drill them out to 8MM, that's why they won't seat all the way down, the bottom of the shaft is 8MM. The DJI 8 inch props should work fine for now, I've flown mine on 8 inch Graupners and it worked OK, I only got 10 inch in the kit.

I've used only the stock props and Graupners, mainly because the larger Graupners have an 8MM center hole and it was an easy swap early on. The smaller Graupners ( 8 and 9 inch) have stepped center holes and need to be drilled out to use them, I have sets of each and I'm trying them on my F450. I would recommend the 10 x 5 Graupners as an alternative, they are adirect bolt on and they come balanced from the factory.

Ken

Ken: I got this thing of the ground! First I put those 8 inch props on and just as it was lifting off two of the props split in the middle and all of the parts when different directions. I almost got a free vasectomy. While it seems that I may have tighted them too much I would be surpised because there really was not too much pressure on them at all, just snug, but perhaps too snug. I then fixed those 10 inch ones that I told you about to work (where the hub was not cut deep enough). They went right on and I was able to get the unit to lift off the ground for a few seconds. The problem is that it just snowed and there is nowhere to fly this and the guest room I tested it in is just an accident waiting to happen. It seemed to want to be stable (in A mode) so I am very eager to get somewhere that i can really test it out. The plastic that these props are made of seems like a very cheap Styrene or similar. Are there better props molded from a nylon material, perhaps? Nylon is so durable and I can't imagine a nylon prop spliting like these did. I will look into the Graupner so thanks for the tip on that and the rest of the help and suggestions along the way.

Pete

Has anyone tried the Xoar wooden props on the Naza yet? I am fresh out of props and need something fast that will be a little more durable that what this came with kit. The hubs are nearly paper-thin on these. Any suggestions for readily available props to fit the stock Naza Flamewheel kit would be greatly appreciated.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It's weird, I am positive these props come from the same source as Xaircrafts, but after crashing this thing hard and having only 1 prop break I have a new faith in the materials they are using. I tried breaking the remaining 3 props as they were scuffed and warped from the impact and I literally could not break 2 of them. After a while 1 fatigued enough to crack but the others kept bending back and forth and just didnt break. I still like the graupners and APC's though. The graupners are the perfect rigidity and come balanced. But if you are just tinkering around and crashing is probable, I think the stock blades arent that bad. never thought I would say that after having 2 Xaircraft props break on me mid air.

kloner

Aerial DP
the apc 10x4.7 are available in left/right,,,,,, there is gws 3 blade in 10x6x3 seem to be about the same bite, the 9x5x3 work good on 4s. there is the graupners but like i said earlier, wont be in till next week. The gaui ones don't fit, too small a hub. ummmmm,,,,,,,,,, i'd wait for the graupners, but if i need to order today, look at the apc. Gonna take a good magnetic balancer, i just spent days and am really close but man, the extra $8 a piece is a steal to go through what i just did making the apc "work" when there outta balance the thing flies like crap, eats bearings, etc. the top flight balancer is really nice, worth all of $15 if you wanna play with the props and vids

kloner

Aerial DP
there really nice, but i've only seen counter rotating props in bigger sizes, what are you seeing 10x5 in left and right?

The site i referenced is usa, you can get whatever shipping "speed" you want, sounded like wednesday, i'll be getting 2 complete sets.

I hear ya bro, mine took me about 2 weeks to gather enough crap to make progress.

kloner

Aerial DP
no preorder, gotta be there when they come in. Your kit sounds weird how it came with them props it did, whered you get the kit? Mine had 6 10x5 props, was a 3s kit

If you can find "new version" xaircraft props, they supposedly last. But there still gonna be outta balance bunch of work to make "work". my stock props took a licking and i broke on ear off one prop, fell 20 feet onto pavement with the battery disconected. There was a thread here the other day about it on the xaircraft board