new naza not arming motors !!

My friend just bought a flamewheel kit today and we built it and tried to arm motors but nothing !! We are using a specktrum reciever in it and when we hook battery to it after the 4 green lights we just get fast flashing yellow lights and also we get a red light with the orange light in the reciever ! We cannot get the motors to arm and start!! Any suggestions??? Robert it's the one henry bought and you need to call him if possible!!

rwilabee

Is the battery monitoring turned off. I heard of someone having that problem and it went away after turning off the voltage monitoring. Were you able to test each ESC using your receiver which should be bound to the transmitter and then test the motors before you disconnected the red wires from the ESC's. All that should be done before you plugged them in to the NAZA.

My friend just bought a flamewheel kit today and we built it and tried to arm motors but nothing !! We are using a specktrum reciever in it and when we hook battery to it after the 4 green lights we just get fast flashing yellow lights and also we get a red light with the orange light in the reciever ! We cannot get the motors to arm and start!! Any suggestions??? Robert it's the one henry bought and you need to call him if possible!!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors

Try binding the RX to the TX again, it sounds like the Naza isn't seeing the throttle channel signal from the RX. The other possibility is that you might need to reverse the throttle channel or the LED unit is plugged into the wrong port, it has to be in X3.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
hey we didnt disconnect red wires from esc's ! it wasnt in the instructions and im wondering what that could cause??

If you have the complete kit with DJI ESCs you don't need to disconnect the red, only aftermarket ESCs witha BEC need it. Even so it wouldn't cause the problem you're having.

Ken

If you have the complete kit with DJI ESCs you don't need to disconnect the red, only aftermarket ESCs witha BEC need it. Even so it wouldn't cause the problem you're having.

Ken
well ken why am i reading stuff from wookong that says the red wire needs disconnecting?? And why the heck is that red wire there !! And these are hobbywing esc's !! And wookong makes xaircraft !! I can read chinese and dont appreciate all these us dealers telling me otherwise !! But thanks for your input and yall will be seeing me fly the crap outta these quads very soon my friends!! Just not sure which one i'll be flying !! And just maybe i'll be the first us dealer thats ready to do some bussiness and it wont be outta my house !! Oh yeah and the red light in the specktrum reciever means that it's in a voltage error !! Meaning the bec's in those esc's are overpowering the system and reciever !! I found our problem and thanks again for wanting to help!! Not trying to be an a.. or nothing just frustrated that a company can put something like this on market with lack of instructions or knowledge!! Im going flying !! Bye Yall

kloner

Aerial DP
Some ESC's have built in bec powering the rx, when an esc doesn't have it, you don't gotta remove the wire, when it does have a bec, you have to remove it..... bec = battery elimintion circuitry. the led flasher thing is your external bec. the stock naza esc's do not have an internal bec

When you open assistant, is the gear points set to a and m or is it limbo out of range? is the tx calibrated? all the same screen, at the bottom those arrows should be blue and under the letter out of fail safe

vabrown posted these images yesterday, yours loo like that?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Ken:

I have been setting up my new Naza Flamewheel kit. It has the 30 AMP Opto ESC, buy the way. Everything is plugged in correctly and the RX & TX bound. After hours of frustration trying to get the correct driver file to load up and allow the Assistant to talk to the Naza I thought I was good to go for setting this up. The problem is that I am now getting an error in Assistant: CFG-ERR. I can't figure out how to make it go away and have triple checked everything. I thought that it just wanted me to calibrate my JR9503 to the software but when I attempt to do so (move my sticks etc on the JR in calibration mode int eh Assistant) nothing moves within Assistant. So, at this point I am just stuck. I was able to do the "upgrade firmware" to be sure that it was up to date so I know these devices are "talking to each other" but that error is still there and I can't get anything to calibrate.

Any ideas?

when I am plugged in via usb the led is green. when I am not plugged in and powered up I get a green at first but then rapid flashing red.

kloner

Aerial DP
orange or bright red?

Is the light on the rx and sats lit up?

Are you absolutely positive the wires are plugged in right as in ground on the right side? grounds
(brown wire) is on the top of the naza and rx?

If that's really red, is it possible the battery your plugging in is dead?

kloner

Aerial DP
is the assistant set to tradition on the receiver type? not dbus

I've folowed a few of these and never heard of a red light flash,,,, i've seen it when i ran a battery down to far.

Is the voltage monitor turned on? if it is, try to dissable it

kloner

Aerial DP
you didn't mention if the satelite and receiver lights are on

IS the sattelite dsmx or dsm2? is the rx dsmx or dsm2?