58.3 KB · Views: 445
  • la foto 2.JPG
    la foto 2.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 404
  • la foto 3.jpg
    la foto 3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 462

Lanzar

U get compass error cause of the bateries on top. I see u moved it to gps. Good thinking but i dont know on how this affects compass. Is the direction turned forward or u just installed it there and didnt wory about it. For me i would rather put bateries underneath the cs6 and put compass on top of the navi, fc, not on the boom.

Report on how did the flight go.

i intent to keep the navi as far as posible from battery, main power cables, bl-ctrl to motor cables. so i decide to mount it in the no.1 arm boom, but in the original cinestar hardware for gps no mater the orientation and if you mount the navi on it
the navi will have 45 degree wrong, so we laser cut the acrylic plate in picture 3, which allow you to mount the navi in right direction.
we fly test and run realy smooth

krleas

FPV Freak
If u ask me i dont agree with you. You move gps and compass away but u are to close to the motors, there is magnetic field even stronger. Put it few cm from center plate and not so much.

Lanzar

I would like to see the printscreen while flying of compas values. Try carefreee and tell me if the baby is still flying :). I am not responsible for the damage when u try it :). This al 1/2 way to the motor so would have to meashure how much the compas changes while hoovering. I would say more than 5 deg. Check and report so we know if this is a new alternate way of fixing CS magnetic problem.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
doesn't twisting the battery wires eliminate the interference they can cause?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ MKMX

Your problems may be your positioning but is may also be to do with the huge shift that is going on in the earths magnetic core.. There is a huge area under the mid Atlantic reaching as far as Mexico. NASA are desperately trying to find how fast it is moving.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/29dec_magneticfield/

I saw a science programme on BBC1 the other night.. I will try and find out which one it was but it was fascinating how it was even changing the migration paths of birds.

Dave

Neil4rc

AD6 heavy user
I'm having similar problems with a hexa and ar200 mount. The magnet error starts a minute in and during this time it will hold a gps. The alarm on my mx20 stops around 5 mins in and then restarts a minute later at which time the copter will do a very large circuit of about 30-40 meters.....which is quite scary at 150 meters up.

Can anyone help with what's going on and why?

Many thanks
Neil

It's not really JUST a cinestar problem. I've been seeing in crop up in a number of AD-8's as well so i personally don't feel like it's because of the battery on the top. mounting the navi control out on the boom has solved all these problems, installed it on the boom a while back and it's working flawlessly all the time!

It's not really JUST a cinestar problem. I've been seeing in crop up in a number of AD-8's as well so i personally don't feel like it's because of the battery on the top. mounting the navi control out on the boom has solved all these problems, installed it on the boom a while back and it's working flawlessly all the time!

I agree with Casey, I have a Cinestar6 and had that same sort of issues in my early build. I got rid of the problem when i repositioned the power cables from the Lipo to the power_dist_board. Another thing i did was to double shield the power cable with a stranded shielding and a foil ( took it from a Cat6 cable ethernet cable ). Error 22 gone..

NOTE: my battery is still mounted on top.

Neil4rc

AD6 heavy user
I agree with Casey, I have a Cinestar6 and had that same sort of issues in my early build. I got rid of the problem when i repositioned the power cables from the Lipo to the power_dist_board. Another thing i did was to double shield the power cable with a stranded shielding and a foil ( took it from a Cat6 cable ethernet cable ). Error 22 gone..

NOTE: my battery is still mounted on top.

Any chance you could upload a photo of the shielding you've done?

Is anyone using a magnet attached to the power leads?

Many thanks
Neil

Dan M

Boom mounting the nav board was an instant fix on my C6

Casey nailed this one. I stuck the nav board under the GPS on the nose boom, and it was flying a new machine. Drift is nearly zero with PH on, and CH no longer sends the aircraft off at 40 mph in a random direction.

Phew!

Dan M

Mine came from Quadrocopter.us, and is mounted right up against the center ring. The only mod I am making to what they sent me is to add another set of 10mm standoffs between the nav board and the GPS. The GPS shield makes it nearly impossible to switch between the wireless Xbee and ribbon cable when I need to. Other than that, it was a perfect fit.

Before the mod, the compass errors would track along with increased amps drawn (with a slight lag). After the fix, nada.