Graupner MX20 - How to set 3 position switch?

ZAxis

This may or not be possible but reading through the MX20 manual I get totally confused. With our previous Spektrum DX7 we had the single 3 position switch set to tilt the camera gimbal horizontal/mid way/vertical. We have duplicated this with the MX20 but its more difficult quickly adjust all three set points.
My question is, can the switch mid point position be linked within the Tx to one of the rotary knob so we have horizontal and vertical set by the switch at positions 1 and 3 and the intermediate position set by the knob ?
This will, hopefully, allow the intermediate tilt position to be adjusted in flight.
This is to used on an MK Hexa2 using MK electronics and a home made gimbal.
Can anyone help ?

andy

Last edited by a moderator:

?

why dont you assign it just to the rotary knobs>?
i use the same , left for the tilt , right for the horizontal trim out i made the endpoints so that the end points are flat for the camera mount and 90 dgrees max looking downwards.
no need to film the motors
for the horizontal funtion i set both endpoints to 25%

ZAxis

why dont you assign it just to the rotary knobs>?
i use the same , left for the tilt , right for the horizontal trim out i made the endpoints so that the end points are flat for the camera mount and 90 dgrees max looking downwards.
no need to film the motors
for the horizontal funtion i set both endpoints to 25%

The rotary controls require you to take your fingers off at least one of the joysticks to operate them, we already use one for trimming the roll axis but that is done before filming starts. For video work it is easier to flick a switch and allow the camera to pan down at the rate preset in MKtools. For stills work, especially when holding on GPS, it would be OK to use knobs for adjustment but video is our priority.
thanks
andy

?

The rotary controls require you to take your fingers off at least one of the joysticks to operate them, we already use one for trimming the roll axis but that is done before filming starts. For video work it is easier to flick a switch and allow the camera to pan down at the rate preset in MKtools. For stills work, especially when holding on GPS, it would be OK to use knobs for adjustment but video is our priority.
thanks
andy

well for video we use 2 MX-20.s
even with a switch you need to take your fingers of.
with good video you use 2 operators one controls the gimbal and yaw
the otherone fly,s in carefree , we use also a LANC to control the camera thru the second mx-20

hexa

To set up 3pos for alti gps and fail safe ( auto land ) on the mx —20
Mine is on channel 5
1. go to menu then servo adjustment
Scroll to the channel that your switch is on. Then add 108% and 105% see pic below
2 go menu then select control adjust. First screen put +87%
Scroll right using the right touch pad. Input +81%. -31%
Mine is on input 5 ct9. See photos

That should do. all the selections highlighted in blue on dji software. Note they don't have to be high light in blue for it to work properly .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324304681.064770.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324304681.064770.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 272
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324304707.271361.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324304707.271361.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 254
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324304727.804862.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324304727.804862.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 263

hexa

My bad just saw that you ask about some thing totally different from my previous reply.
Just ignore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZAxis

Droidworx ... Having the gimbal totally independent of the flight controls and operated by a second person is an ideal way to go. I'm waiting on hearing people's longer term experiences with PicLoc before going that way but, in the meantime, I'm still looking for a practical way to video with a single person.
Hexa ... thanks for the effort.

andy

ZAxis

It can be done .... sort of ...
I wanted to have both rotary control and preset switch control to tilt our camera gimbal. After a day of reading the MX20 manual, their German to English translation puts MK to shame, again and again I came up with a close solution. I can now set the tilt by either the rotary control or a 3 position switch and switch between the two modes using a spare ( is there such a thing ? ) switch.
The tilt servo is assigned to Input 9
The 3 position switch ( Ctl9 assigned to Input 12 ) is set to give horizontal - slight tilt down - vertical down.
The rotary control ( Ctl8 assigned to Input 9 ) give a tilt range from above horizontal to past vertical.
Switch 3 ( assigned to Input 8) is used to switch between the two modes.

In the CONTROL SWITCH menu :
C1 Ct9 +72 => C2
C2 Ct8 +79 <= ----
( I don't believe the +72 & +79 have any function )

In the MIX ONLY CHANNEL menu
Set channel 9 to ONLY, all others NORMAL

In the FREE MIXERS menu
M1 12->9 3\ >>
M2 9->9 3| >>

Many thanks to the guys searching for the Higgs boson for the inspiration to keep trying and justify spending a shed load of money.

andy

Last edited by a moderator:

?

we use the second MX and reassign the sticks to functions on different channels
we use the left stick for pan (if no 360 we use a teacher yaw) left stick throttle becomes tilt
right stick nick becomes zoom
right roll is free

both dials are used for trim
and flip switch for start stop

its a open TX unit you can almost reassign anything to different outputs , the same you can also do on the telemetric and reset the servo signals to assign them elsewhere

ZAxis

Droidworx...
I'm intrigued about using 2 MX20s when videoing. Do you have two independent receivers, one for the copter the other for the gimbal, or do you use teacher/pupil mode. In the latter then do you use a wired link or wireless link ?

?

Droidworx...
I'm intrigued about using 2 MX20s when videoing. Do you have two independent receivers, one for the copter the other for the gimbal, or do you use teacher/pupil mode. In the latter then do you use a wired link or wireless link ?

no you you need a wirelink , why?
you can usee wireless but you lose the telemetric function.
using both mx-20 is a very easy job , and you can copy ALL functions if needed.
if you choose the 360 you can use the picklock and add one mx 20 that works independand of the other.
in both ways you can use it for filming