XAircraft SuperX

Dhardjono

I fly in worst condition than today so i don't think the wind was that bad

WIND:W at 15 mph that at 2 pm was that time so i had wind gust ove 25 mph with my arris 650 https://vimeo.com/79648414 some of those shot was realy bad wind condition . But it could be the wind

Electro 2

If not wind, we still have shakey motor drive. There's dozen things that could cause this, it would be hard to nail down any one of these without seeing the aircraft. On thing that did come to mind: since this is a XAir product I'm assuming it has their "Ultra" ESCs. Did you have Ultra ESC checked in the GUI setup? No idea of what would happen if not, just a possible cause. We're also drifting away from things that would be of interest to the group at large, as well. I'll leave you with it for now. Feel free to PM if you want my assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

If not wind, we still have shakey motor drive. There's dozen things that could cause this, it would be hard to nail down any one of these without seeing the aircraft. On thing that did come to mind: since this is a XAir product I'm assuming it has their "Ultra" ESCs. Did you have Ultra ESC checked in the GUI setup? No idea of what would happen if not, just a possible cause. We're also drifting away from things that would be of interest to the group at large, as well. I'll leave you with it for now. Feel free to PM if you want my assistance.

How do i check that in gui the esc also i am ordering parts is those stock prop are they good enough or do you have a recomendation or any one else and maybe recomend a better esc. thanks alll!1

VIQuad

What props do you have?

I use the APC 11x4.7 and they work fine. I had to balance them a tad, but seem to work well.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
How do i check that in gui the esc also i am ordering parts is those stock prop are they good enough or do you have a recomendation or any one else and maybe recomend a better esc. thanks alll!1

Although your black box doesn't show it, after the crash you will need to ensure your motors are level! get the centre SX level using a spirit bubble then place a level on each esc protector and adjust the arm until level we'll assume all the locking nuts for the motors themselves are at a similar tension.

David

VIQuad

Although your black box doesn't show it, after the crash you will need to ensure your motors are level! get the centre SX level using a spirit bubble then place a level on each esc protector and adjust the arm until level we'll assume all the locking nuts for the motors themselves are at a similar tension.

David

Balancing motors........Are you sure that will work? I just tried putting a spirit level on and mine is slightly off on each ESC protector. Then I realized that the landing skids flex a little when I pick up the X650 and then set it down. So its never the same, as the flex in the skids vary when its sat down on a flat surface. Or maybe my skids have "excess" flex in them... But this slight flex in the landing skids changes the level every time.

Hmmm....oh well.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Balancing motors........Are you sure that will work? I just tried putting a spirit level on and mine is slightly off on each ESC protector. Then I realized that the landing skids flex a little when I pick up the X650 and then set it down. So its never the same, as the flex in the skids vary when its sat down on a flat surface. Or maybe my skids have "excess" flex in them... But this slight flex in the landing skids changes the level every time.

Hmmm....oh well.

We are talking about a X650 and yes from XAircraft themselves, at the screw on the protector nearest the motor by design there is about a 2 degree movement. Therefore if the vehicle is level at the SX which is attached to the bottom plate which in turn is attached to the top plate and together they sandwich the arms then the skids have no relevance at the levelling, note I said levelling NOT balancing.

So with the centre level, a level put across the protectors the screw loosened the arm twisted until the level is, well level then tighten, and you then after doing the 4 arms should have a reasonably square frame.

I know before I did mine my vibration graph was approaching 1.0 after I now average 0.1 to 0.2

Another way you could look at this is to take off the skids and place the vehicle on some form of levelling blocks, either way in flight the skids do not impact on the gyros or level flight.

David

VIQuad

I see...

hmmm....I'd like to see some pictures, or a video of someone using this method. Sounds interesting in theory....

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I see...

hmmm....I'd like to see some pictures, or a video of someone using this method. Sounds interesting in theory....

Sorry won't be me! and the logic of having all motors in alignment should not require explanation! I believe the manufacturers of Scarabs also have the same advice to their operators about motor levelling, perhaps you could look there, in the interim I can't see what you have to loose and you have black box to measure your results.

I am certainly not trying to 'sell' you anything.

David

VIQuad

hahaha! relax :nevreness:

I believe you, I am aware of the importance of it and all. I have balanced my motors, just not the same way you mentioned.

I'm not arguing with you, just was curious to learn more about your method that's all. Perhaps see it done...

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
hahaha! relax :nevreness:

I believe you, I am aware of the importance of it and all. I have balanced my motors, just not the same way you mentioned.

I'm not arguing with you, just was curious to learn more about your method that's all. Perhaps see it done...

NOT Balancing Levelling! I'm not upset or angry with you to the contrary need to keep you on my good side as my CM3000 arrives on Monday! :livid: the technique I explained was as detailed to me by XAircraftAustralia who in turn got it from XA China but it is a bit like having to explain why you align the wheels on your car...... I assume you do!..... or maybe no cars in the Virgin Islands :nevreness:

David

Dhardjono

Ok i will try to level the motor xmouse thanks everyone for support and
advise :nevreness: It snowing in newy york so can't fly any way here pictures of the damage View attachment 15126View attachment 15127View attachment 15128View attachment 15129View attachment 15130View attachment 15132 Look like the gps has a cut on the cable i wonder if it working all motor are working but i notice the 2 esc that the arms are not damage get a little more warm than the other two. My tx antenna is gone could not fine the circular antenna i wonder if the tx is fixable.

Will this level work for the motor mount View attachment 15131

Attachments

• IMG_9427.jpg
    IMG_9427.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_9428.jpg
    IMG_9428.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_9429.jpg
    IMG_9429.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_9431.jpg
    IMG_9431.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_9432.jpg
    IMG_9432.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 316
  • 20131214_090828.jpg
    20131214_090828.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 20131213_145309.jpg
    20131213_145309.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 187

CrashMaster

Sorry to hear of your crash Dhardjono.

My X650 Pro can confidently handle winds upto 25mph without any major issue at all so your 5-10mph wind would have no ill effect at all. I have flown mine in 20 mph with gusts upto 30. It does buck about in that sort of wind but is certainly not beyond it's capabilities or controllability. You have to remember any heli or multi can fly in winds to within 2/3rds of its maximum air speed; I have the X650 clocked at about 45 mph. The problems occur when gusts come through or around obstacles the air is not clean enough to keep constant flight and the props are constantly fighting to keep airborne and stable. Helis can use collective and swash to quickly correct but Multis rely completely on increasing and decreasing individual prop speeds to compensate for balance and lift. Buildings are the worst where on the lea the wind can actually be pushing you down as well as horizontally. Multis are inherently not as agile as helis so keep away from any buildings or trees if the wind is gusting.

Electro 2

I don't own a X650 but, it appears the X650 has tube arms, if so, the easiest, most precise method I am aware of to level motors is to rotate the motor mounts using a straight-edge to bridge two, (or more), motor platforms to a "true" state. See picture below.
View attachment 15140

Attachments

• Mantis_Motor_053.jpg
    Mantis_Motor_053.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 418

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Ok i will try to level the motor xmouse thanks everyone for support and
advise :nevreness: It snowing in newy york so can't fly any way here pictures of the damage View attachment 18910View attachment 18911View attachment 18912View attachment 18913View attachment 18914View attachment 18916 Look like the gps has a cut on the cable i wonder if it working all motor are working but i notice the 2 esc that the arms are not damage get a little more warm than the other two. My tx antenna is gone could not fine the circular antenna i wonder if the tx is fixable.

Will this level work for the motor mount View attachment 18915

Mate! motor levelling is the least of your worries at this time, move on you have bigger fish to fry, what a mess! I really feel for you :upset:

To answer your question Yes! but ideally you will need 2 levels one to sit on the controller in the centre of the vehicle the other to sit on the esc protector so you can see the adjustments, but get it set up first.

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I don't own a X650 but, it appears the X650 has tube arms, if so, the easiest, most precise method I am aware of to level motors is to rotate the motor mounts using a straight-edge to bridge two, (or more), motor platforms to a "true" state. See picture below.
View attachment 18924

That would work! but how do you ensure that everything is level with the SX? (FC)

David

CrashMaster

To 'Level' your motors you simply put your machine on a level surface and place a spirit level on the centre frame. Then each arm can be checked and if it needs altering simply slacken the bolt through the arm on the end and twist a little. Once level tighten up and repeat for all arms. Fly it for a few minutes giving it some stick then do the same again.
This is how I found that one of the swivel arm supports had a stripped thread. I levelled the arms and motors but it was out again after flight.

I use round mini spirit levels. I even have one permanently stuck to the machine. Look at the rear right next to the TX and the PMU:-
View attachment 15142

View attachment 15143

Attachments

• IMAG0723.jpg
    IMAG0723.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 244
  • mini-spirit.JPG
    mini-spirit.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 253

Electro 2

That would work! but how do you ensure that everything is level with the SX? (FC)

Matters not whether it is or not, within limits. The object is to have all thrust angles in/on the same vector, which may, or may not, necessarily be true to the frame. If it's off from the frame a large amount, yes it would be a problem, but if not, no issue. AFAIK, this is the standard method of leveling motors on multis. It's far more precise than any results I've ever gotten with levels.