Zero UAV Zero UAV HighOne Quadcopter

Ok. what i have found is that Z1400 worked a bit better with 14MZ with straight Sbus,
and today i tried the 14SG and it showed improvement, in that the Pan axis seemed to be rock still
but Tilt axis was drifting, but half as much as with 14SG.
So looks like i must give 8FG a try
may be the Tilt will become rock steady with it.

So now hunting for a friend who has 8FG

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok. what i have found is that Z1400 worked a bit better with 14MZ with straight Sbus,
and today i tried the 14SG and it showed improvement, in that the Pan axis seemed to be rock still
but Tilt axis was drifting, but half as much as with 14SG.
So looks like i must give 8FG a try
may be the Tilt will become rock steady with it.

So now hunting for a friend who has 8FG

All I have used is an 8FGs and it's been perfect.
I hope that helps!
It's kind of dumb you need a Specific radio though! Come on ZEROUAV! UPDATE!!

Deanmachine

I have had problems with my gimbal as well. I sent it back and now works fine. I use 14sg.

I have a friend who is having yaw issues and we have tried everything to fix it. It has bad horizon tilt when yaw.
Zero tech have ZERO IDEA how to fix it.
I'm sure zero knows what is causing the problem, they just won't admit it.

guys,
my gimbal went back for repairs cause of yaw and tilt drifting,
its come back, and they say its perfect,
but it still has problems.

each time i sent it back it costs me $250
if i keep sending it back i might as well buy the DJI gimbal

and in any case,
the good brand radio all have neutral as 1.5 ms
so why the hell should brand and or a particular radio make a diff

they told me to try 14SG, and it did not help

now they telling me to buy 8FG

how many radios will i keep buying ????

and i have the JR 11 DSMX, and Jeti DS16,
DS 16 is $2000 with a 18 ch Rx with shipping and custom duty paid.

So i am totally at loss of words for zerouav.

The one solution that zerouav gave me for my drift in Pan and Tilt is this

frequently keep selecting the Camera mode sw on Tx from position 1 to middle.

someone please expelling this logic to me,
so my camera is drifting in the air, and i select middle position on cam radio
and gimbal quickly shifts bacd to Copter axis,
what happens to my video, there will be constant shifting of video.....
ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO PAY FOR THIS KIND OF VIDEO.......

I don't know what else to tell zerouav engineers.
are they pirating software for gimbals or something, and they don't have a clue on what is going on
and how to solve the problem

I am almost giving up on zerouav

it better to buy a toy gimbal, they seem to work perfect at 1/100 of the cost ....

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
This sounds like the customer support I got with my Gemini- ZeroUAV I believe was formed by people who used to work for DJI. Seems like they took what the learnt about customer service from DJI and turned it up to 11.

Deanmachine

I spent $1000 shipping MY HIGHONE. BACK to ZERO UAV. Linda Vivian are all typocal sales people. They just want your money. No help!
As for support there is ZERO. NONE.
ZERO SUPPORT ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ZERO KNOWLEDGE.

What a load of rubbish telling you to change radio!
High end gimble $3500 my dji phantom 2 h33d gimble $350 leaves it for dead

Last edited by a moderator:

my Tarot GoPro gimbal has never misbehaved.
My DJI N15 for NEX7, has never ever misbehaved.

I am beginning to believe, that zerouav is a hit and try system,
those guys who got a good gimbals, are just lucky.

My luck has been crap...
first Z2000 kept going back to be fixed,
now same with Z14oo.

I am about to dump them in the garbage bin.
and buy the DJI N15 GH4.

Deanmachine

Zero Uav shoild know what the issue is!
Many people have had this problem with the gimbal me included. Why doesn't zero tech know how to fix it !
Zero tech tech support is terrible.
I wouldn't advise anyone to purchase any aerial system from zero Uav until they sort out their issues.
Definitely something not right with that company at the moment.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'll tell you my experience with ZeroUAV. I was one of the first to review and test the HighOne a few years ago when I worked for another website. The product was awesome and the performance was great. But the manual was awful and the support was crap. I kept in contact with them, and I was supposed to review the "epic one" the Big Octo with the Red gimbal. This never happened. Instead they asked me to help with their literature. Me being a nice guy (moron) re-wrote ALL of their promo sheets and web site copy in english from their broken english versions. As I was doing this, I got into discussions about becoming a distributor as they asked what they could do to gain a strong US market share and how I could help them.

I did some research and developed and proposed a full sales and marketing plan where I would be heavy invested into ZeroUAV with time. (Think Colin Guinn of ZeroUAV with out all the douchebaggery) They listened and would say "Yes Stephen that sounds good, so to start how many machines will you buy today?" They totally do not get it. At the end of the day they do not care about their brand, they do not care about heir reputation or service, they want to make $$$ now, today. Tomorrow does not matter. They do not care about their customers.

During my presentation I asked them for exclusive US distribution, they said no. The reason is, they will hand ANY MORON a distribution account with absolutely no guidelines. This is why you can find the HighOne on MANY websites from as high as $7500 to as low at $3400. Most of these "distributors" have NO products in stock and ZERO spare parts. And these distributors are basically treated like general customers so if a customer purchases a unit form one, and has an issue, even if the distributor is a good guy, there is a good chance it will be MONTHS before any info can be had. A company has to be infantile to not control pricing and sales zones in a market. Really pathetic.

It sucks, because I think ZeroUAV makes some awesome products, but they will continue to fail unless they stop letting every schmuck have a distributor account, start regulating price and name, and start stocking spare parts here in the US.

I wish they would have worked with me, I had some great plans for them, but now... not so much.

Deanmachine

From what i see.... zerouav is making inroads into Europe and USA.

Zero tech website never works.
Dji support is bad zero tech is 10 times worse.
They may make in roads but people will soon work out zero tech have no structure to their company.

They release the new xplorer quad with no manual!

Deanmachine

I'll tell you my experience with ZeroUAV. I was one of the first to review and test the HighOne a few years ago when I worked for another website. The product was awesome and the performance was great. But the manual was awful and the support was crap. I kept in contact with them, and I was supposed to review the "epic one" the Big Octo with the Red gimbal. This never happened. Instead they asked me to help with their literature. Me being a nice guy (moron) re-wrote ALL of their promo sheets and web site copy in english from their broken english versions. As I was doing this, I got into discussions about becoming a distributor as they asked what they could do to gain a strong US market share and how I could help them.

I did some research and developed and proposed a full sales and marketing plan where I would be heavy invested into ZeroUAV with time. (Think Colin Guinn of ZeroUAV with out all the douchebaggery) They listened and would say "Yes Stephen that sounds good, so to start how many machines will you buy today?" They totally do not get it. At the end of the day they do not care about their brand, they do not care about heir reputation or service, they want to make $$$ now, today. Tomorrow does not matter. They do not care about their customers.

During my presentation I asked them for exclusive US distribution, they said no. The reason is, they will hand ANY MORON a distribution account with absolutely no guidelines. This is why you can find the HighOne on MANY websites from as high as $7500 to as low at $3400. Most of these "distributors" have NO products in stock and ZERO spare parts. And these distributors are basically treated like general customers so if a customer purchases a unit form one, and has an issue, even if the distributor is a good guy, there is a good chance it will be MONTHS before any info can be had. A company has to be infantile to not control pricing and sales zones in a market. Really pathetic.

It sucks, because I think ZeroUAV makes some awesome products, but they will continue to fail unless they stop letting every schmuck have a distributor account, start regulating price and name, and start stocking spare parts here in the US.

I wish they would have worked with me, I had some great plans for them, but now... not so much.
Well said.

Exactly what happened here in Australia. I can't believe how many people I know have tried to help zero tech with their chinglish manual. Lol.
As for Linda the sales rep she is either very inexperienced or rude.1 We had an issue with a gimble and her response was,
Why should I help you when you only buy one machine!
What she didn't understand was the person who purchased the Uav was going to buy another 12 for a contract inspection work.

We ended up buying the inspire 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deanmachine

I have noticed that there are a lot of people having major issues with the z1400 gimbal.
the horizon tilt problem.
zero tech do not know how to fix this issue. returning the gimbal to china to be fixed and then sent back is very expensive.

Ramesh has had his gimbal returned to him after paying postage and he is saying its still not fixed!

Deanmachine,

zerouav tells me that they have not heard of this horizon tilt problem before from anyone... ????
and only I seem to be having this problem

and i have been in aeromodeling hobby for past 45 years.

and got into multicopters 8 years ago, and have even made my own gimbal and multicopters, which my friends bought off from me, never had this kind of problem.

and i purchased two complete machines with gimbals from them, E1100 and HighOne.
I have absolutely no idea now what to do.
only solution seems to be to just junk it,
and go back to DJI,
and to think i changed over from DJI to zerouav.
even God cannot help me now

Deanmachine

Well i
Deanmachine,

zerouav tells me that they have not heard of this horizon tilt problem before from anyone... ????
and only I seem to be having this problem

and i have been in aeromodeling hobby for past 45 years.

and got into multicopters 8 years ago, and have even made my own gimbal and multicopters, which my friends bought off from me, never had this kind of problem.

and i purchased two complete machines with gimbals from them, E1100 and HighOne.
I have absolutely no idea now what to do.
only solution seems to be to just junk it,
and go back to DJI,
and to think i changed over from DJI to zerouav.
even God cannot help me now

m sorry to hear that.
ZERO TECH ARE ABSOLUTE LIARS FOR SAYING THAT they haven't heard of this issue.
I have contacted them with this issue as have 4 other people.

Contact Linda get her to do something.
SHE IS THE SALES PERSON.
A brand new gimbal sent to you free of charge.

ZERO TECH Are shooting themselves
in the foot. I like the products but I hate the people and the business structure.

SleepyC,
great to hear that with Futaba 8FG the problems went away,
surprising, cause all expensive radios have centre stick pulse as 1.5ms rock on
so the make of radios that are top brands and expensive should not really matter.

my problem is still not solved in spite of the z1400 having been sent back to factory, and i got it back
same drift problem

Now the only problem is that i just cannot get a 8fg from anyone cause no one is using 8fg in New Delhi, Capital city of India...
so i am still struggling with the drift problem