Zenmuse Z15 5D MK3

Quinton

Just thought I would start a new thread for any users who has the 5D Zenmuse.
First off first time using a Zenmuse, so I do not know what is right/wrong with it, however.

First thing I noticed is that whenever I plug in my USB things stop working, like no live view.
It is fine using the IR
When its unplugged it all works as should be, but the reset will only reset pan, and not pitch or roll.
Other than that things aren't looking too bad.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye up buddy, most things DJI when plugged in to an assistant disable outputs so I guess its the same with the ZM stuff.. If you bough tit on a CC you have plenty of time to send it back!! ;-)
D

Quinton

No chance this ones going back :)
The first one I ordered didn't even get to me as it wouldn't work right at the dealers, this one is actually not so bad, I'm just throwing it out there in case I have a setting wrong somewhere with the USB, otherwise it works pretty good.
Have tried Canon FW 1.1.3 and 1.2.3 both the same.
The reset stuff can "hopefully" be fixed with a later firmware update. (Its stilll not right with the ZEN Gh3 so far apparently)
I need something to do my BNUC-S flight test with this year, so far this is the best of a bad bunch.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
You want to take advantage of getting two machines though at the same time.. its the same cost.. well it used to be.. put the big mother though and a smaller more versatile bit of kit like a Y6 ;-)

Still don't see how you have that machine under 10KG.

Dave

Quinton

You want to take advantage of getting two machines though at the same time.. its the same cost.. well it used to be.. put the big mother though and a smaller more versatile bit of kit like a Y6 ;-)

Still don't see how you have that machine under 10KG.

Dave

I actually thought it was very heavy as some places I look it shows that the suitable max weight for a Hex was 9KG and for an Oct 12kg
Hopefully the wind/rain will stay off a bit today for a while so I can get testing.
I am using the MT3515-15 motors which has a thrust of 2.8KG @ full throttle (1.2KG @ half) using the 16" props, so I may be a bit underpowered at hover.

Quinton

Took first test flight today with the Zen... 9 mins easy flying back and forth, not sure if that is any good or not! (10/12mph winds)
2x 8300Mah, 16x5.4 Tiger CF props, also the screens supposed to be blacked out when you plug a USB in..doh :)

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?

Dave

Someone told me a couple of days ago that it's only one aircraft with the BNUC-S as of last November (2013). Seems an odd change to me.

Quinton

Someone told me a couple of days ago that it's only one aircraft with the BNUC-S as of last November (2013). Seems an odd change to me.

Well I know you have to pay 2 different prices for >7KG and under 7KG, not sure regarding the rules now though.
Benjamin, what sort of flight times do you get fully loaded if you dont mind me asking, and what lipos are they?

Eurousc changed the rules again you now can only take a flight test with one aircraft and if you want a second or third in my case you pay for extra aircrafts £££.
Seem a bit unfair to me.
CAA charge you for aircraft under 7kg £113 and aircrafts over 7kg are £226 all plus vat
The costs just keep on going hopefully i have no more hidden charges to come from anywhere.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Howdy. My S800 with two 5000mah GensAce get a comfortable 9 minutes plus a few left over, I could go to 12 minutes but I give my lipos an easy time (come down with 30% usually).

Quinton

Howdy. My S800 with two 5000mah GensAce get a comfortable 9 minutes plus a few left over, I could go to 12 minutes but I give my lipos an easy time (come down with 30% usually).

Thanks for sharing.
So I'm not doing so bad then considering the weight of the 5D.
I usually land at 22V under load which goes up to around 22.5/22.6 after landing.