Zenmuse rotating continuously. Video inside. Please help.

h8tow8

Hi everyone,

I have about 12 flights on my S800/Zenmuse (NEX7) combo and my Zenmuse decided to start spinning infinitely on start-up.

I've re-installed latest software/firmware, rebound radio (Spektrum DX7S), everything still looks good in software and responds to radio inputs but muse just keeps spinning? :upset:

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if you have any ideas I would be very happy to try that as I have an upcoming shoot in about a week.

Here's the video (please turn up volume as my recording volume was set too low.

Tks for helping

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Don't try to start the Zen without camera.....

1) check if your Zen is totally balanced on all 3 axis....

2) Since the Zen is communicating with the WooKong (nobody really knows what information is being exchanged) your problem could as well be related to any settings in the WooKong....
Try first to re-calibrate the WooKong GPS/Compass, if it doesn't help, try to reset/reflash the WooKong and put all settings in fresh. It's a pain in the butt, but that way you could exclude the Wookong from being the source of problems.....
Also try to unplug/re-plug all sensor cables on the Zen.....

at least that's what I would do....hope it helps in any way.

Chris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
h8two8. please dont start up a zenmuse without a cam on it ! Its pain for the gimbal if its not balanced ! If i remember correctly the start up proceduer also wont work and the problems you are getting are normal !

(uhh late :) )

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm pretty sure that he whole solution in the zenmuse ist Maxon based ! Motor to Encoder to motor driver ! The way I would consider maxon to work is being clever enough to keep enough buffer for a stalled motor ! The sliprings could be an issue though. They seem very small on the zenmuse on the role axis probably with up to 10 to 16 phases. The ones i had in hands bigger lesss phases were rated 2 a max.

But no clue on this just guessing arround !

Boris

h8tow8

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for suggestions, the issue started with Sony NEX7 on gimbal. Here's video #2 w camera back and explanation of what I've tried thus far w/out success :(

Thanks for helping, please keep suggestions coming.

Last edited by a moderator: