F450 Help!

adanac

I purchased a used F450 from the classified section. I have everything I need to fly but don't know how to determine which of the many switches on the radio controls what on the F450. Would it make sense to re-bind it? Is there a standard set-up? Thank you!

adanac

I feel confident that I'm not the first person here to face such a problem. Someone must have some thoughts on next steps.

olof

Osprey
adanac,

Congratulations on your prchase, I am sure you will love the 450, it is a great flyer and pretty easy to fly.

First of all you need to bind your TX/RX, if they are not bound. This is not part of the DJI system but part of your radio system. If the kit did not come with manuals, you can download them for the TX/RX.

Do the binding with the props off.

Once they are bound. Still with no props on the 450. Hook the USB cable up to the Naza/WKM, on a PC or Mac with PC emulation and the latest Assistant SW installed, then install the driver. This is all in the manuals that can be downloded from the DJI web site. And there are lots of videos showing how.

When you have Assistant running with the 450 hooked up you can configure and check everything. Then label all the switches and make sure FS setup is correct.

This is a bit complex but you really need to learn this in order to be able to maintain your MR.

I would start by looking at all the videos and reading all the manuals, it will become clearer as you learn.

Then you can ask specific questions here if you still have problems and we will help as much as we can.

adanac

Finally found the downloads by searching the internet!

Am I correct that in order to get my F450 flying I must now either purchase a PC or obtain Bootcamp and purchase some version of Windows?

Last edited by a moderator:

olof

Osprey
Yes Assistant only works on Windows, I use 7 on Bootcamp or actual PCs. Bootcamp is free and you can get Windows for Bootcamp for about $50.00 legally, search the WEB. There are bootleg Windows out there as well, but personally I would not risk those, others here do. So it could be free but you decide what is safest and morally correct, I am not judging.

If your 450 did not come with clear labeling on the TX, or a demo video of how the previous owner had it set up. Then I would want to confirm all the settings and test the settings with software, this is much cheaper than a crash/flyaway.

Personally I would do the Assistant check anyway after shipping and handling by UPS/USPS/FEDEX or whatever. Like I said this is much cheaper then the possible alternatives.