Zenmuse H3-3D - tilt and software...

Buzz_Roavr

I have a H3-2D mounted on my BOT for my forestry work. I've changed it to the 3D and retained my previous GCU. The gimble won't tilt all the way down which it did before. I understand this is a software change.

I've downloaded the Zenmuse gimbal software on my iMac and I am trying to run it on Parallels and connect to the GCU via the mini USB lead but I am not getting an connection.

Is this a Mac issue?

I have tried various combinations of powering up and connecting but without any luck.

All advice welcome! Cheers, Matt.

Buzz_Roavr

Cancel my last. Adjusted the end points on the tx and I have full range. Ed I have the 3-3D GCU but didn't swap it out. It seems to work fine it was just a range issue. Are you saying that the H3-3D won't work fully with the H3-2D GCU? Seems okay at the moment! Flight test pending when he weather improves.

Cheers.

Tahoe Ed

It has been reported by others that they cannot upgrade the 2D GCU with the 3D firmware and get it to work.

This isn't exactly related...but.
Is there a way to slow the movement of the Tilt on the 3D? Nothing in the Asst software seems to achieve it.
I've seen it done on a Phantom YouTube video but on Naza Mv2 asst & gimbal software I can't get it to.

How's it done? it moves far too fast with the direct movement of my Tx slider
TIA
Mike

Buzz_Roavr

I'm on Naza M V2 on an Aeronavics BOT with DX9. Mine is on the G/H rotary pot. Speed is directly related to how I manipulate the switch.

Yeah. Mines on a rotary pot on either my F10j or Taranis but I find it difficult to move smoothly.
I have seen a video of the tilt movement slowed by adjusting a gain on a phantom where the Tx pot sets the ammount of movement but slows the gimbal getting there making the tilt really smooth which is what I'm after doing.
I was going to set (on the taranis) a 3 postion switch with 3 points of tilt with delay over say 2 seconds to get there, and also set the main tilt gain adj on a pot (again on taranis programing) but it seems a long winded way round it.