Wookong M waypoint

Dr.Tim

Approach Engineering, ATS
We are flying ours on a 550mm quad with 5000mah 3S Pack ... The 900mhz downlink works perfect! We fly the quad up to about 20 feet with the transmitter then switch to the ground Station .. We are using the Netbook Laptop with XP operating system ... We have found it is easier to download your flying position into google maps at home or wherever your setting up then go out to the flying site and bring up your location on the GCS. We do not always have internet at some of the places we fly thats why we preload the location. The DJI Click and Go works like a charm! Took us awhile to figure everything out but I must say it is worth the money ... Search and Rescue missions are much easier now with this wonderful tool.

Dr.Tim

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm I wanted to do some simulation or some plotted way points. Do i understand this correctly although its only a simulation the data link between the ground station and the copter has to be established for the simulation to work ?

Thanks

Boris

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
hmmm I wanted to do some simulation or some plotted way points. Do i understand this correctly although its only a simulation the data link between the ground station and the copter has to be established for the simulation to work ?

Thanks

Boris

Hi Boris,

thats right, there has to be connection for doing simu.

Octo NZ

Like Fritz99, I would like to know more about your feelings regarding the waypoints feature.
Is it reliable ?
What are the pros and cons ?
Has anybody tried in South hemisphere ?

Any info will be appreciated.

remyd

A little confusion for me if you guys can help.
When you say tx (transmitter) what are you using and are you referring to the 900mhz or 2.4 data link connected to the computer or are you referring to a separate tx/rx as per the non waypoint version? As i understood it the 900mhz data link / ground station used either a joy stick or dummy tx like a flight sim (controller) to control the multicopter in the air. Does the data link system override a typical tx/rx 2.4 system or can you have the traditional 2.4 in place for redundancy?

I have now tested my CS8 and thanks to BorisS (Boris) and RTRyder (Ken) for some excellent advice along the way with the setup i am in the air and happy with control and stability for my purpose using a traditional tx/rx setup. I have the multi-waypoint 900mhz in the box and i am now deciding about the best way to go for my operations. I would still like to fly using normal rc controls rather than a joystick.

Any advice on the setup procedure for the controller greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Remy

Dr.Tim

Approach Engineering, ATS
Remy, We use our JR 9503 Transmitter to take off with (Leave in GPS Mode) then when your up a few feet we engage the waypoint flight from the GCS (Make sure to Load the waypoints before the flight!) You can take over the flight at anytime from the Transmitter by switching from GPS to ATTI .. Now you are flying from the Transmitter and NOT the GCS ... Make sure to set the SPEED in the software before the flight .. we like 2m per second .. the default is 4 mps.
Enjoy the Flight!!

Dr.Tim