Won't Start

baker55

I just recieved my new FPV setup from ready made RC. It is a 1.2-1.3 ghz. I have it on my HT-450 Naza Quad and DX6. Quad worsk and flies fine goggles and transmitter work fine, but when I turn on the FPV transmitter the Quad won't start, as soon as I unplug the trans it goes. any thoughts? Shaun

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm a little confused. your saying when you turn on the video transmitter it all shuts down? looking at page 38 in the manual showing light, it only shows red and green talking about it aquiring sats,,,,,,,,,, where is everything mounted? show me pics, most likely the video is screwing up your sat reception

baker55

You were right kloner, I had my transmitter at the bottom of the quad and now put it on top instead and all seems to be fine now. thanks Shaun

baker55

drops with no warning

View attachment 5220View attachment 5221View attachment 5222
After moving the transmitter I managed to get the quad in the air. At about 80 ft distance and 20ft high it just dropped to the ground. I moved the transmitter to different areas on the quad but either the motors wont start or it does and goes a short distance and just falls. When I used the 5.8 this never happened. It didn't matter where I mounted the transmitter. Shaun

Attachments

• 100_1267.jpg
    100_1267.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_1268.jpg
    100_1268.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 100_1269.jpg
    100_1269.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 404

kloner

Aerial DP
this is an interference thing. the 1500mw vtx is the last thing you needed on there. The new 1258 300mw is the one you needed for close quarters and it's lawmate, not this one. i have this vtx but it had to go on my zeph and will do great at 5 miles out, but your not gonna get that far away. mile and a half to 2 miles is a hike in a MR. that 300 is like an immersion 2.4 1000mw strength, $42 and will let ya fly low behind suff and still transmit. You might also look at getting an inline filter for the 1.3........... just to keep it from transmitting the next wave, 2.4

baker55

I just got this from Ready Made rc. I had ordered the package with the lawmate but this is the one they sent, said it was better option. Will the lawmate trans not give me the interference I am getting now? Should I send this one back? I depended on their expertise.

baker55

You're right the size is a problem, I'll contact readymade and see what they will do. I'll let you know and post it. thanks alot!!

baker55

If I go with one of these transmitters, they are lighter but what about interference? What is the difference? Would I be better off going back to 5.8?

kloner

Aerial DP
the difference is the power and the filters inside. the filters inside are like the ones in immersion gear. the power difference is 1.2 watts, that is huge, 300mw versus 1.5 watts of the dirtiest nastiest video signal there is. Same brand hobbyking sells.......... the same brand receiver is good, but the tx's aren't the cleanest. there great on big planes that wanna go really far and can seperate the stuff by feet, not inches. IF you move these components far enough apart there interference is minimal. I have this same exact one on my zephyr that you are using, ave played with it quite a bit. it likes screwing with my eagle trees gps, same problem your having except it's nazas gps

Will it still not start or is the light flashing red green still?

baker55

If I move the transmitter so I can get motors to start, it flies about 12-15 ft up flips and comes straight down. When I remove all fpv hardware it flies great. So if I go with the 1.3 300mw I should be ok?

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm 99% sure that's your problem unless you did something else to it swapping out the gear like foul up the gps wire, make it loose, etc. alot of things depend on the build skills. but, that is an obvious no no to use that with this. mines got the 800mw in the same brand you have an i don't have any problems and i have that 300 and it is super clean looking, sound is perfect, alot cleaner product noise speaking

kloner

Aerial DP
was just looking over your pictures again and noticed something else. you used everything they gave ya in the kit wire wise. While that's convienant, it's not really quad ready as in it has alot of extra really big and cheap connectors, extra wire, etc. To get what you got here working you'd want to make a wire, i preffer from the little thin one that plugs in the side of the rx with solder and heat shrink. i'll use servo wire if needed to the cam with a power lead dropping out of that loom to hook to it's own battery pack. with this type of gear even the small vtx, you gotta use a seperate pack or something with a filter like available at the fpv shops. even a seperate bec on the power battery usually isn't clean enough. it affect video and rc control which is what sounds like happening.

Are you only flying in gps mode when it flips over?

where is the rc radio rx?

baker55

View attachment 5243View attachment 5244This is what system came with minus the goggles.

I don't have gps on mine only alt hold, and I was flying manual at time of crashes. My soldering abilities are limited that is why I order most things plug and play if I can. In this case I could not get video on goggles with the small wire so I had to use the big ugly ones.

Attachments

• 100_1265.jpg
    100_1265.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 100_1266.jpg
    100_1266.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 323