WKM & Gimbal problem

mossb

Hi,

There is problem with AV200 and WKM. I have X4-setup and therefore I connected gimbal servos to R and T connectors. I enabled gimbal on assistant software, but servos does not react and assistant shows X2 and X3 are 1000. However, when I disconnect servos WKM works normally. Any idea what causes this?

Rainman

Hi,

There is problem with AV200 and WKM. I have X4-setup and therefore I connected gimbal servos to R and T connectors. I enabled gimbal on assistant software, but servos does not react and assistant shows X2 and X3 are 1000. However, when I disconnect servos WKM works normally. Any idea what causes this?

Do you mean you have the gimbal connected to the rudder and throttle channels? The gimbal should be plugged into F1 and F2 - please confirm exactly which sockets on the WKM that you have the gimbal plugged into.

mossb

I have eight motors in my coaxial setup, and therefore I have plugged two ESC's into F1 and F2. Now gimbal works, but gimbal travel is limited anyhow.

Rainman

I have eight motors in my coaxial setup, and therefore I have plugged two ESC's into F1 and F2. Now gimbal works, but gimbal travel is limited anyhow.

OK, you weren't very clear on what you had. If you read the DJI instructions it tells you to NEVER plug an ESC into F1 and F2 if you enable the gimbal settings - so I take that as meaning that if you are intending to run x8 then you can't have your WKM run your gimbal at the same time - you need to use gimbal with it's own controller.