will this work

baker55

If I solder all this together will it work?

Attachments

• 100_1273.jpg
    100_1273.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 429

Yes, but you might want more length between the vtx and cam for mounting options. Also is the camer 12 volt if not you will need a bec in there

kloner

Aerial DP
you want to try and make all your wires as close to perfect length as you can, no extra wrapped around anything, nothing short pulling on equipment. you want about an inch extra in the wire. Solder and heat shrink can make a wire longer or alot of times i'll dive into the actual part and add a new wire like inside an esc or servo. fpv and extensions suck. any extra plugs should be avoided.

good luck

baker55

View attachment 5447View attachment 5448View attachment 5449
So I received the 300mw and got it all set up.. Went up just now and had the same problem. I was up about 40' and 300' away and lost signal and it fell out of the sky. Went up again and got about 15-20 ft up and 100 ft away and same thing. Picture quality was perfect. Screen went fuzzy and then gone.

Attachments

• 100_1274.jpg
    100_1274.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_1275.jpg
    100_1275.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 385
  • 100_1276.jpg
    100_1276.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 342

I would get a different antenna for the tx, ill post a link when im home. Also make sure that your antennas both point the same direction, it's hard to tell in the picture you have buy try mounting the tx so u can point that antenna straight up. When u say it fell out of the sky, did u lose rc aswell?

baker55

I'm not sure It fell so fast by the time I got the glasses off it was down. I have wondered that too. When I fly without glasses all if fine.

baker55

I moved the antenna and this time when it went down it seems to be the radio because I still had perfect video. So I took off the glasses and tried flying with everything on and sure enough it came down just 50ft away, dropped straight down. Only one broken landing gear, thankfully.

kloner

Aerial DP
what does just comes down mean? what kinda voltage is the pack when you pick up the pieces? Is failsafe set? if the radios loosing signal, i'd start moving the sattelites around. the cf frame can be blocking some of it. are the motors shutting off? slowing down? props spinning on the shaft?

kloner

Aerial DP
WAIT, oh yea, you don't have failsafe with the little rx. you really need a fullsize, even if it's a clone 6200, at least it's not a micro park flyer rx. there like $20

kloner

Aerial DP
you need a real receiver for either radio. in fact there both dsm2 so and if it is and not fm, that'll bind right now to that 61xx...... the problem is thats a park model rx, no preset failsafes to make, no reception, made to live in a foam plane, not cf frame, etc

you need something like this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20684
with
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13418

theres a chineese retailer, forget the url but they have clone 6200 with sat for $20, 7100 for around that without sat........ sats are like $5

baker55

Thanks. I have a JR921 in my gaui, I switched all fpv gear over and it works fine. Other than a weight issue I'll have to wait until the wind dies down to do a real test.

kloner

Aerial DP
put the bind plug in and fire up the rx, should blink fast. to program one failsafe just turn on the tx however you want the failsafe set while holding in the bind button at the rear. light should go solid. if you need to program multiple failsafes on jr rx's, put the bind plug in, fire up the rx and remove the bind plug. now when you turn on the radio holding down the bind button it is going to program all 9 ch as failsafe like you need for a naza

baker55

Well I'm up and flying again, thanks for your help kloner. And a big thankyou to my friend at rchelicanada.com for all his help, much appreciated Jeff!