Which WKM firmware is safe to use currently?

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
A local is having me help him out and I was wondering if v5.26 is safe as I know 5.24 and 5.22 are buggy. If 5.26 is not then what should we roll him back to?

Teamflail

Heard of some issues with 5.26 and 5.24 but can't remember what the 5.26 items were. For 5.24, I had issues where I was getting the white flashing led lights letting me know the Wookong was having issues with vibration or some other issue. Did not change anything and rolled back to 5.22. It has been flying perfectly since then. I would recommend 5.22 just from my experience.

CdA D

Flew with 5.26 twice today. I didn't notice any issues. As always I won't assume that all is well. That way if something comes up then hopefully I'll have a chance to intervene.

Rainman

Essentially there is no difference between 5.24 and 5.26, the latter merely enables 50 waypoints without additional license.

I'm not alone and I have witnessed the crazy 5.24/5.26 GPS/Atti glitch/change and on one occassion almost lost my model with it. You couldn't pay me to fly with it and in light of the number of people that have reported problems anyone else would be ill-advised to stick with it. I've gone back to 5.22 but the weather was pretty appauling this weekend and so I haven't had a chance to ensure that it's an improvement.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
His came tock with 5.16 so we will leave it on that. Plans on hiring me for gigs in the future and had me fly it. Really wanting an 1000mm pro camera platform now. fly like a soft puppy

Flying 5.16, never had a problem with it. No matter how tempting all those Waypoints are, I'll wait a bit longer til 5.26 is battle hardened.

Rainman

Flying 5.16, never had a problem with it. No matter how tempting all those Waypoints are, I'll wait a bit longer til 5.26 is battle hardened.

I think the jury is already in on 5.26, you need to be waiting for the next firmware rev and skip 5.24 and 5.26 entirely. From my own experience they're just too dangerous to even see the light of day.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
thinking of getting naza lite for a backup quad build (arducopter works too well on the dragon to ditch it). how reliable are those?

maxwelltub

@screwdriver, Thanks I figured it out! Nazas are reliable. I would stick to the older firmware, the newer one has to many auto functions. I hate the auto throttle curve for take off. The newer naza firmware also takes a long time before it will let you spool up and go.

Hello everyone, this is my first post.
My s800 recently crashed after upgrading to v5.24, video attached.
DJI said they won't replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
Naza V2 takeoff is typical of controllers taking off in altitude hold mode (unless you are using arducopter). Stick at center or below it is keeping its altitude or attempting to lose altitude. Add throttle above center and it attempts to raise its altitude.