Which WKM firmware is safe to use currently?

agshane

For what it is worth 5.24 had major compass calibration errors. If you expected to be in GPS mode, wrong. The system defaulted back to ATTI mode on takeoff and in flight, then surprise! The latest 5.26 update not only releases waypoints, but it seems to remedy the calibration problem. After I installed the new update I recalibrated the compass before the first flight and after nine or ten flights latter, at altitude, so far so good.

happy landings

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainman

For what it is worth 5.24 had major compass calibration errors. If you expected to be in GPS mode, wrong. The system defaulted back to ATTI mode on takeoff and in flight, then surprise! The latest 5.26 update not only releases waypoints, but it seems to remedy the calibration problem. After I installed the new update I recalibrated the compass before the first flight and after nine or ten flights latter, at altitude, so far so good.
Erm no, 5.26 doesn't fix anything in 5.24. It is literally only waypoints and I experienced the exact same issues in 5.26 that folk were experiencing in 5.24. I've since rolled back to 5.22 and did 3 flights back-to-back with absolutely no issues and no dropping out of GPS in Atti at all. Not even once. For my 4th flight I downloaded and reflashed with 5.26 for comparison and the issue was evident almost immediately. I'm back on 5.22 again and it's working just fine. Another interesting thing I noticed was that on 5.26 I could only get a lock on 9 satellites, in 5.22 I had a reliable lock on 12 in almost no time at all, all of the time. That seals it for me, I've seen enough.

Warlock

Man I have been using the same version in my DJI 550 WKM that it started with, having never up dated. I want it to fly perfectly "at least close" be stable, and give no surprises. I never had a bit of trouble. Return to home is all I wanted and it handles that perfectly every time no matter what or wear. But I don't care about way points and such.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I have been following this thread with interest having had nothing but trouble since last April when I bought WKM. Consequently I have done nothing incident free since then and lived in fear of what might come next I was on the point of giving up. Today I did as suggested and went back to 5.16 and hey presto have had 5 uneventful flights - it has made my day - and no repair bills!