Which prop balancer?

repodog

Hi All:

I have just completed the build on my first quad (the Naza 450 flamewheel). I will probably be taking my first flights tomorrow. After reading about the importance of balancing props I have been shopping for one, but I really can't tell which are the best. Any recommendtions for which prop balancer to buy for a NOVICE to use.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

P.S. I have just stepped into the world and I am already addicted, gawd save me and my wallet.

AIRCONROB

Hi Mark, I've used quiet a few balancers only to find out none of them were 100%, untill I splashed out for this baby.
View attachment 2429It's a DU-BRO

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• Balancer.jpg
    Balancer.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 347

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hi mark

have a look for a magnetic one ie spindle is held between two magnets

pretty much frictionless

keith

+1 for du-bro

Don't go near the hobbyking balancer. You'll be chasing balance and waste hours of time wondering why the are out of balance all the time.

ZAxis

What I like about this forum is that you get questions answered before you even post them. I was about to post asking this very question. Thanks guys

andy

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I really like the Du Bro. Had several other one and most of the time one important aspect is forgotten. The axis on which the props are being balance has to be 100% level so horizontal otherwise the whole balancing act in my eyes becomes useless. Some of those magnetic balancer although close to frictionless just don't provide that.

Last edited by a moderator:

jforkner

Any tips on keeping the DJI props (with the oblong hole for the DJI motor shafts) centered when placing them on a balancer shaft? My balancer (like most) has two cones that slide on the shaft to secure the prop. The oblong hole on the top of the DJI 10x4.5 prop hub prevents the cone on that side from seating perfectly in the opening, thus preventing the cone from being perfectly centered in the hole.

Jack

srbell

I've been buying balancers for 20 year for aircraft from 100cc acrobats to jet fan blades. The Dubro is great for large props, anything from 10" to 30" blades. The problem is with smaller and lighter props. For that you need to use a magnetic balancer as the Dubro has more friction. In either case, treat the shaft very carefully. Especially the magnetic units and they utilize a softer material to help with magnetic attraction.