Whats the Risk of combining 2.4ghz Futaba and 2.4ghz VTX

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Without thinking i started putting some 2.4Ghz VTX OSD stuff on my CX4. Thinking great already have a finished 2.4ghz groundstation etc. Now in several FPV blogs forums that combo is pointed out to cause issue. I would like to try it anyways since i am quite safe with WKM failsafe. Just if different things can happen that could cause crash id better step back from that test. Anybody any experiences ever tried it ?

thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
In the worst case i will just try it out. Was close to today already but than thought I shouldn't risk it etc.

yeehaanow

The risk is losing control of the aircraft. People have done it, but it's not recommended, especially for longer range. I personally wouldn't risk it, but I'm also interested to hear about your experience.

fritz99

Without thinking i started putting some 2.4Ghz VTX OSD stuff on my CX4. Thinking great already have a finished 2.4ghz groundstation etc. Now in several FPV blogs forums that combo is pointed out to cause issue. I would like to try it anyways since i am quite safe with WKM failsafe. Just if different things can happen that could cause crash id better step back from that test. Anybody any experiences ever tried it ?

thanks

Boris

Hello Boris !

Could you explain which OSD stuff you are using ?
Which company and which components ?
Thank you.

Fritz

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Fritz, on one bird I am using TBS core with current sensor. Very simple OSD with only voltage current used mAh time and RSSI. And on the other long range setup I am using ImmersionRC EZosd think it's called with gps alt baro etc.

To tell the truth thought the tbs core is totally enough never really need the extra info the big telemetry OSD delivers.

Boris

RCNut

You may be successful if its just you, but I think the biggest issue starts to arise if you're flying with others who are also using the 2.4 GHz band for RC. As you add signals to the 2.4 GHz band the chances of interference to everyone increases quickly.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay knock it. I am going out to the country side anyways i will just try it. Hope nothing happens i will report back

Thanks

Boris

mitmit

2.4 vtx will seriously kill the range of your RC Boris, at the same time you will have interferences ("snow") on the picture.
dont fly it until full range ground check
cheers
dimitri

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am curious if using 2 separate 2.4ghz radios for a dual operator is not advised. I have a JR 9503 for the heli and am trying to pick out a cheap radio to control the gimbal only.

meme

I crashed the EZ* and the Gaui 500X using a 2,4TX and a 1,2VTX together... see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L61pW4WoX2U .After adding a Low Pass Filter to the VTX the Problem was solved and i did more than 1,5 km without problems. So, IMO, if 1,2 can create such huge Interferences to 2,4 i think 2x 2,4 will be a bit risky.

greets,

meme

RCNut

I am curious if using 2 separate 2.4ghz radios for a dual operator is not advised. I have a JR 9503 for the heli and am trying to pick out a cheap radio to control the gimbal only.

Your proposed situation should be no different to flying alongside another RC operator. Its only a problem when mixing RC and video systems within the same band as the video system is usually wide band and poorly filtered.