What did you do with your DJI Inspire 1 today?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
With so many of them out there in the population there must be oodles of uses to brag about.....so let's see what you've done today with your DJI Inspire 1!

dazzab

Well, on Sunday I let a 9 year old fly mine. He's working on getting his bronze wings at our flying club and does well with fixed wing so I thought he would be fine. As I suspected he took to it like a duck to water. They really are simple to fly.

Bartman

Didn't fly my Inspire 1 today but did fly an Inspire owned by @DanM

I have to admit, it was really nice to fly, battery life was excellent, and from the footage I've seen that Dan has shot I think it's an excellent machine. A bit pricey, TBH, but capable of delivering very good flying qualities and great footage. Was also very quiet.

Dan does a really nice job in post with the footage he shoots so having real media skills still matters but I've got to give the folks at DJI credit for the Inspire 1, it works well!

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
So I did my first my shoot with the Inspire today, and boy oh boy, this thing is ALL OVER THE PLACE. It doesn't hold altitude at all, it doesn't inspire one bit of trust. The bouncy nature of the thing does show on the footage, I found it a lot less stable than the Phantom... Is this normal ? I usually fly a S900, but I didn't expect it to be so out of control...

dazzab

So I did my first my shoot with the Inspire today, and boy oh boy, this thing is ALL OVER THE PLACE. It doesn't hold altitude at all, it doesn't inspire one bit of trust. The bouncy nature of the thing does show on the footage, I found it a lot less stable than the Phantom... Is this normal ? I usually fly a S900, but I didn't expect it to be so out of control...
Doesn't sound right to me. My Inspire is rock solid. Indeed, in windy conditions it's my go to copter. It is a much different flyer than a heavy camera ship though. One thing that absolutely amazes me is that you can fly it as fast as you want and when you apply the brakes and it does it's counter balance to stop, you can't even see it in the video. That gimbal is simply amazing.

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
The gimbal is indeed very good, but the whole behavior was very off-putting... And this one was brand new. Weird. We got some really good footage though and that's what matters in the end. My camera operator who owns a Phantom was like man this thing is crazy ! For instance, a simple lateral tracking shot of a horse carriage at about 5ft from the ground, the thing was bouncing like crazy ! I could not believe my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I agree with dazzub. Doesn't sound right. I don't own an inspire - but I've been editing several video sessions shot with the inspire. There are some shots that are really quite amazing with how it holds and transitions. The only thing I noticed is that the gimbal yaw speed really needs to be tweaked.

I would look into some gain settings and firmware versions (typical DJI Stuff) etc and see if you can't get it more smooth.

SamaraMedia

I don't own an Inspire but a colleague does and something he mentioned may or may not be part of the problem you described flying at 5ft. I'm told you need to turn off the sonar sensors if flying that low, especially if flying over uneven terrain, it will dramatically effect the stability. Again, I don't own one, but remembered this feature from conversations we've had. The Inspire has become his go-to-rig for most jobs these days and the footage I've seen from him is great. Before that it was his s900 or F550, still uses the s900 when clients want good 4k video from his GH4.

Last edited by a moderator:

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
Yeah, we found this out too, and while the video looks good on a computer screen, it quite doesn't make the grade for broadcast stuff. It is also a bit weak in the wind, for us it's really a back up rig.

Bartman

do my eyes deceive me? is it the Mr. @Droider posting at multirotorforums.com after a long absence???

welcome back sir, i've missed you!

SamaraMedia

Nice work Droider.

Kloner is missed as well but I see plenty of photos on his Instagram account from full size planes lately, figuring he must be doing well and is busy...

Area21

Area21
Today I installed firmware 1.9.1.30 on my Inspire 1 proV2 black and took it through a rigerous 35 min test flight. Very satisfied with the outcome.