WARNING - Firmware 5.24

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Been using 5.26 for some time now without issue. That's on my Skyjib flying anything from GH3s to Reds in winds from 0-20. In my mind this is now a well tested firmware and working great. A LOT better that the A2 at the mo (he says with a wry smile and cheeky chortle)!

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Do you get all the waypoints unlocked on the old 5.15 firmware though.

Also, in the latest 5.26 have they changed the flashing lights? They seemed normal at first, then I got green flashes for ages, the yellow and purple in Atti and a weird sequence of purple in GPS?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Move to 5.26, it works fine and learn the new flashes which are shown in the updated manual. Simples.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
+1! It looks like a disco at first but basically you just get a bunch of extra flashes when you're within 10m of home point.

htotheunit

5.26 made my compass not function at all. There were random high speed altitude increases upon takeoff, yellow and green flashes all the time (even in ATTI) and GPS didn't work at all. New compass didn't fix the issue, but dropping down to 5.22 made it fly like a dream!

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
5.26 made my compass not function at all. There were random high speed altitude increases upon takeoff, yellow and green flashes all the time (even in ATTI) and GPS didn't work at all. New compass didn't fix the issue, but dropping down to 5.22 made it fly like a dream!

Exactly the same here, identical issues. I can get 50 waypoints on a machine that loses itself, or a machine that flies perfectly with one waypoint.

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
This is a bit of a laugh, I tried to get some help from DJI. I wrote:
Me said:
Hi,
I have the ground station and 2.4 data link etc with a DJI Wookong. If I upgrade to the latest firmware to get all the waypoints my hexacopter doesn’t fly properly no matter what I try. The best firmware for me is 5.16, maybe because I have an old Wookong with V1 compass/gps? Is there a way for me to get more than one waypoint but keep firmware 5.16 in my Wookong?
Or do you think my Wookong will work better on latest firmware if I buy a new V2 GPS/Compass?
Best wishes,
Jonathan Malory

And got this reply:

DJI Support said:
Hi,
The latest firmware version of WKM support a free 50waypoints Ground station. Refer to the release note of WKM.
In my opinion, latest version firmware is more powerful than older version.
Thanks&Best regards,
Howard Zheng
DJI Tech-support

Yeah, right, very helpful.