VTX Location??

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I have recently got my FPV gear installed on my TBS Discovery, it would seem my GPS is having issues with it a little. GPS antenna is located right above the CG Mark, for those of you whom do not know where that is, it is just in front of the two rear arms. My VTX 5.8 Ghz 600 Mw Immersion is mounted above the front left arm mount above my FPV Camera, antenna facing upwards.

I have also noticed some weird throttle issues too, when descending, it seems like I need a lot more than usual throttle to pull it out of its decent rate, almost 80% of the stick or more. I found this kinda weird and possibly put it down to interference from the VTX.

Questions are.... Where would you locate it? could it be doing these things? cures?

Setup.... TBS DISCOVERY, using the TBS Core for video but not for VTX power.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yes sir, at least until I can get used to removing my eyes from the quad long enough to watch the screen. Still trying to figure a lot of things out with the new quad, battery life being one of the issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kloner

Aerial DP
if the puck isn't up on a stick put it there. try taking the vtx power plug out and fly and see if it is still acting weird to you

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I shall try that tomorrow, bit late to do that now.
Do you think I should rotate the antenna downward? The GPS pick is up on its pole already....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kloner

Aerial DP
mine are all like this but i've never used a gps mode...... it's just there

i.php

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Interesting, I have the GPS there for a few reasons, I still don't know my radio distance and rely on my RTH failsafe. I am surrounded by tall trees and hills, so as you can imagine, I am nervous to fly without it until I get used to it more. I really need to find myself a decent OSD, the TBS Core as you know is fairly basic, but I would like an altitude, heading and distance to help me out.