Hoverfly Video thread

thijmen5

@ aerovideo, did you used normal 2,4ghz on your dx8? i'm wondering what range you're getting while flying FPV through woods?
i might build an fpv quad for fun and mostly want to fly around objects with an 1,3ghz video. I have an graupner mx20 with gr24 which I want to use for it, but I don't want to buy that expensive UHF.

Great video btw, I wish holland had that great environment.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Ha, you get better video with a bad motor than I get with all good brand new motors! Nice work!

thanks. It is not raw video though. I put it through warp. Otherwise it was pure garbage but only because of a that bad motor. You can see the jumpiness in the video which the stabilizer trying to fight the vibrations.

IrisAerial, That last shot was nicely planned out. I'm in Mt View - been to that winery a number of times. Did many many weddings years ago before you could add aerial into the mix. We ought to compare "notes" at one of the local flying fields.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul, Incredible flying. Thanks for the equipment list. I'm going to do some homework today. I'm wondering if Vimeo might show a little less blockiness. It would be cool if you eventually re-posted that last one on Vimeo to compare. What's your verdict on the Sony Action Cam vs the Hero2?

Aerovideo

@ aerovideo, did you used normal 2,4ghz on your dx8? i'm wondering what range you're getting while flying FPV through woods?
i might build an fpv quad for fun and mostly want to fly around objects with an 1,3ghz video. I have an graupner mx20 with gr24 which I want to use for it, but I don't want to buy that expensive UHF.

Great video btw, I wish holland had that great environment.

I do have an EZUHF hooked up to my Dx8 as I don't like worrying about my control distance. I had several failsafes with just the Dx8 alone when I first started FPV. It's REALLY easy to fly out of range of 2.4ghz in a hurry.

Paul, Incredible flying. Thanks for the equipment list. I'm going to do some homework today. I'm wondering if Vimeo might show a little less blockiness. It would be cool if you eventually re-posted that last one on Vimeo to compare. What's your verdict on the Sony Action Cam vs the Hero2?

Thanks! The compression blockiness is where I'm pretty disappointed in the Sony's performance. They need to have a higher data rate for their videos, especially the 120fps. Vimeo might help but there's a lot of blockiness in the original.

I'm actually looking forward to updating my go pro with their new firmware that handles 35mb/sec, WOW! That should give nice clean video!

With that said, 720p at 120fps on the Sony is a LOT of FUN!

Macsgrafs

Paul, whilst watchign some chap on youtube today talking about adobe premiere output settings I noticed he selected 5MBPS for Vimeo & 12 MBPS for youtube...seems youtube takes better quality footage!!!

Ross

Now if we could just get 240fps out of that little Sony Action Cam... Great to see what you pros are up to. That traveling pan of the snow boarder doing the flip was most excellent. Did you keep the Fs700?

Helirazor

Thanks, we have come along way in the last 8 months.
We bought our own FS700 after that week love the cam but just a little impractical on the AV200. A RED works great though if we could only afford one:nevreness:
That will be the next step 240fps hd on a action cam.

Stacky

I know this isnt video but I just got an ok to let these be seen for an upcoming edition of Top Gear mag. Not sure which of these photos will get used yet. All taken with a Sony rx100 under my HFP Hexa. I have resized these down for the forum, the full size files look good. The nice thing was the roll stabilization on the gimbal was pretty close to perfect which meant I didnt end up losing anything by having to crop for tilted horizons. Shot on a windy weekend so we didnt put the Hexa up in some of the more picturesque locations.

Attachments

• _DSC0804a.jpg
    _DSC0804a.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 256
  • _DSC0806a.jpg
    _DSC0806a.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 283
  • _DSC0838a.jpg
    _DSC0838a.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 277
  • _DSC0889a.jpg
    _DSC0889a.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 239
  • _DSC0909a.jpg
    _DSC0909a.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 238

Aerovideo

Yeah I picked up the Sony Action Cam which can do 120fps at 720p but the datarate is so low it's just a compression artifacts fest... Now the GoPro 3 Black edition looks AWESOME! Not sure if I could stomach crashing with a $400 camera though... I'm such a wuss!

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Yup, we just bought two more of the GoPro2 (total if 4 now) and now I need to beg for the $ for the new one. Those GoPro guys are awesome.