Video editing software

jackmulti

Hi guys,

I was wondering what options are there for editing HD video.

Normally, after an FPV session, you end up having many videos you would like to condense into a "best of"... so some software that would effortlessly allow you to pick segments out of several videos and then join then in the order you select using some cool merging effects.

Windows based.

Thanks.

DennyR

Final Cut Pro (Mac.)and Adobe Premier plus After Effects (PC) are the industry standards in general use but there are now many cheap or ever free programs that can do simple edits. Some of which come bundled with the camera.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I know this sounds condescending but if you are asking the question then you are probably fine with imovie or whatever comes with the PC. On the PC Vegas is pretty popular. Final cut/Premiere are great and really not that hard to learn for basic use. but you will spend a lot more to do the same thing.

jackmulti

I know this sounds condescending but if you are asking the question then you are probably fine with imovie or whatever comes with the PC. On the PC Vegas is pretty popular. Final cut/Premiere are great and really not that hard to learn for basic use. but you will spend a lot more to do the same thing.

I was using AVS Video Editor but it's hard to make a bin of segments with it...

Efliernz

Pete
I would love Final Cut or many of the high-end editors but I cant justify it. I struggled with Corel VideoStudio X3 (I have used VS versions for 6 years) but when editing HD, I was getting stuttering output (on a good quad-core + good graphics-card PC) so... (thanks to feedback here) I downloaded the Cyberlink PowerDirector trial. For the first time in ages, I enjoyed editing. I bought the full version within hours. Never looked back and it was well under $100.
I'm not a pro-level videographer - but it is more than enough for anything I am likely to produce.

Pete