Very small quad for travel photography?

Sebas600

There is a cloverleaf inside the dome ;) (5.8ghz)
Its still a proto (from a known FPV supplier) but will be available soon on the market and it will be better and cheaper that what is now available...
If you are not patient make one yourself but without proper tuning results are not as good.

Yeah you can see the immersion logo...

kloner

Aerial DP
follow ibcrazys thread on making cloverleafs at fpvlab or rcgroups, he has all the stuff laid out for all frequencies. Mine came out better reception than what i bought from him....... less snow?, shouldn't be any snow for a couple thousand feet

The hardest part of the goggles is if you don't land with em, you gotta come out from underhood and that is a pain, hard on the eyes. Not liking the thing around myself with goggles on is why i like the monitor. Sunglasses are already on, eyes are used to the light.

Sebas600

Yeah you are right there. Have had tears in my eyes when taking the goggles off. Will buy a field monitor when I have some cash laying around :shame:

cman319

Hi all,
Am finally traveling (south of Italy) and trying to get some nice photo's with my f330/hero2 combo. Not easy but am learning a lot. Everything fitted in my hand luggage.
Will report on my experiences when I am back
Cman
View attachment 4228View attachment 4229

Attachments

• CAV_6256.JPG
    CAV_6256.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 259
  • GOPR0307.jpg
    GOPR0307.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 237

cman319

Concerning the immersionrc cloverleaf proto I tried: i did not try any other cloverleaf yet but comparing directly with the normal stick antenna (600mw transmitter + fatshark dominators) at about 1km (with a plane) the stick antenna showed white stripes and the image disappeared sometimes depending on the orientation of the plane. With the cloverleaf the image stayed clear.
I miss it now since it would give me added confidence to keep flying with the goggles on. As a photographer I will probably switch to a monitor as you suggested. All this hassle between goggles and glasses is just a pain. All the more so here in the sunny south. That or go fully FPV with solid gear and a gps to come home in an emergency.