Tx recommendation for NAZA?

What would be a good radio for a F450 with NAZA?

Background: I'm new to multirotors. I'm learning on a Blade MQX at the moment. I'm looking at buying the DJI F450 kit, so I'll need to buy a transmitter. Eventually I'd like to do AP with something like a Cinestar or Skyjib. Quality is more important than price, but it'd be nice to keep it around $500 for the Tx.

Thanks in advance for any info / recommendations / feedback.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It depends on how many other models you might want to use it for. A DX6i would be a good choice. But you are better for the long haul getting a Futaba 8 channel. the Super with 14 actua; channels or a JR 9503. Of course you can go bigger but 8-9 channels is the minimum to run a multi with gimbal override.

DennyR

I am using the DX-8 with the telemetry link to monitor the battery. Bought it while my MZ14 was being repaired and now I wont go back.

What mode do u guys suggest i set my tx up in... Airplane or heli single servo swash. Dx8 going to ar8000 - naza

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
My take on this is that they tell you to use ACRO(airplane) mode just to keep you from making mistakes. But on a heli mode there are often some switches/modes that cant be accessed. Heli mode can be used just fine, just make sure there is NO collective mixing at all. Other than that the sticks all do the same things.

a944734

Correct, S-Bus simplifies cabling. One single cable from RX to NAZA - all 7 channels that the NAZA reads come thru there.

With the smallest RX (R6203SBE) you even have 3 additional traditional outs, where you could control more stuff with (shutter, focus etc.)
But then you would also need a TX that has more channels - my T12FG has 14 ...

Tahoe Ed

I have a JR9503 and a Dx8. I bought the Dx8 because of the knob which I wanted for gimbal tilt. The levers on the 9503 are too notchy. Now I find that I look to my 9503 almost exclusively. I like the set up screens and the flexibility over the Dx8. The AR8000 is my go to receiver for both my DJI's. My preference is to set the DJI's, particularly the WKM, in Heli mode.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
My favorite Jr is the JR11x.

Best bang for the buck for multis is the Futaba 8fgs. You can't beat the s-bus right now.

I have a JR9503 and a Dx8. I bought the Dx8 because of the knob which I wanted for gimbal tilt. The levers on the 9503 are too notchy. Now I find that I look to my 9503 almost exclusively. I like the set up screens and the flexibility over the Dx8. The AR8000 is my go to receiver for both my DJI's. My preference is to set the DJI's, particularly the WKM, in Heli mode.

Hey Ed, does the naza attach to the ar8000 in sbus style? One wire or will i be connecting all of em? Both my helis are 3gx with sats so this part is new to me

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk