Took apart my ebay steal the tarot T810. Check out the pics.

photojunky

Everything was going very smoothly until I connected the flight controller with my computer. Apparently there were issues with window 10 computers communicating with the flight controller. There's a great online tutorial that shows how to properly download the files into specific folders. Anyway, after I did that I was able to test the motors. Law of probability would dictate that half the motors would spin the right way and the other half the wrong way. Of course every single one of my Motors were spinning the wrong way. After switching the wires around all is good. Now to figure out my Futaba remote control. It is a little tricky getting all the channels set correctly, after all, this is my first build and first real remote control.

Everything was going very smoothly until I connected the flight controller with my computer. Apparently there were issues with window 10 computers communicating with the flight controller. There's a great online tutorial that shows how to properly download the files into specific folders. Anyway, after I did that I was able to test the motors. Law of probability would dictate that half the motors would spin the right way and the other half the wrong way. Of course every single one of my Motors were spinning the wrong way. After switching the wires around all is good. Now to figure out my Futaba remote control. It is a little tricky getting all the channels set correctly, after all, this is my first build and first real remote control.

Doesn't that blow your mind, granted I usually only have four motors spinning the wrong direction (out of four) but you would think with more motors the more likely you would be to randomly have one cooperate.
Naza should have a channel map? Best thing that ever happened for me programming a remote was a USB connection to the FC so I could flip switches and see what the FC was doing via my computer monitor.

You could also look at the probability that you did perfect, half the motors are spinning the opposite direction and the Flight Controller is wrong?

Last edited:

photojunky

This is it! Everything is in place. Transmitter programmed.... I think. I will fly it later today if all goes well and will hover it in place for a while to make sure the used motors and ESC's are ok. Will clean up wiring if successful. Can't wait. Any last minute advice is welcomed.
tarot22.jpg
tarot22.jpg
tarot23.jpg

Attachments

• tarot22.jpg
    tarot22.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 1,087
  • tarot23.jpg
    tarot23.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 788

photojunky

lol, it could have been a lot worse.

There is always a loose nut somewhere. Last time my wife flew, we lost 2 props in as many seconds.
The 2nd flight was pretty normal, but pitch and roll need to be turned down. It feels like it would flip over if I pushed the stick too much. I'll have to find where that is, remote or Naza M V2 program.

After the 2nd flight of about 7 minutes, I checked all the bolts and some may have loosened up although I am not positive that is the case. I didn't check the props but will now. This thing is really a monster.

Old Man

A very, very small amount of Loctite 243 on about 1/8" of the screw threads will fix loose screw problems and not be hard to remove them later. Good job!

Someone might correct me as my V2 is on back order at the moment, but I would do it in the FC. Otherwise you might not get the change you want. The FC is taking your input and recalculating an output of sorts from my experience so it is best to make the changes in the FC.

Did a quick google, look for attitude gains in Naza.

By the way, the pilot is the loose nut I was talking about :D.

Gator

I don't see any declination dialed into your compass. It should be 13 degrees east for Pacifica. Just trying to be helpful.

Mike.

photojunky

Thanks Mike, I will adjust later on. It was on my mind but didn't know how many degrees to do. This video is my second flight immediately following my first unsuccessful flight where I abandoned take-off.

violetwolf

Manual mode is something that most folks never use. Stabilize mode (Atti in DJI lingo i think) is the most commonly used. I almost never bother tuning for manual.. It's generally for acrobatic flying where you need extreme response times.

It looks like it's flying great! Congratulations!

violetwolf

I still wouldn't be getting that close to her though. I generally fly in open field settings with no potential victims (general public / neighbors) within at least 100 yards, and I myself stay back about 30 feet during take off and landing. These things can cover a lot of ground in the blink of an eye when control is lost.

photojunky

Violetwolf,
I figure if I fly long enough, I will lose GPS for one reason or another, so I should be able to fly the thing in manual mode. The few times I have tried with the T810, it was very hard to control. It is hyper sensitive to commands. The slightest touch is exaggerated so I messed with the expo setting on the remote. Hopefully that will slow it down a little. Come to think of it, I have never flown my Phantom 3 Advance in anything but GPS. My Cheerson CX20 and little quad racer I only fly on manual for practice.

As for the danger, you're right, this thing could do some damage. I need more space, and in addition, landing in such a confined space is also scary.

photojunky

Downloaded a compass today and will take care of that soon. Thanks.

"I don't see any declination dialed into your compass. It should be 13 degrees east for Pacifica. Just trying to be helpful.

Mike. "

Gator

Downloaded a compass today and will take care of that soon. Thanks.

"I don't see any declination dialed into your compass. It should be 13 degrees east for Pacifica. Just trying to be helpful.

Mike. "
You know that you just turn the gps antenna 13degrees clockwise from pointing straight ahead, right?