This 2nd switch does huh?!

adanac

I have two switches on my T8J TX that affect the control mode. One of them is properly-programmed (I hope) three-position switch, the other is a two-position switch that I didn't program. How do I stop it from doing that?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
You need to turn that switch off. Obviously it’s either set to the same channel or has some program mix assigned to it to clone the other switch.
First off, start with a clean slate, reset the model and start over if you can’t find the mix.

adanac

Pete and Sleepy - Many thanks. I am new to this but my feeling is that I would like only one switch to adjust the control mode. I'm getting a better handle on all of this but have yet to find the way to determine the channel assignments. I purchased the F450 used so it was done by the previous owner. I would be happy to start that part fresh so I can learn it but am not sure where to find that. I don't recall seeing it in the documentation. I have a Futaba T8J and 8-channel receiver that is not connected to the controller (Naza M V1 w/GPS) by S-Bus but appears to be the "traditional" method. I can see that six of the RX outputs are connected.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
First thing I would do is see what them switches are doing, you said they are doing something but never said what!

One of my 2 position switches activates failsafe, is it wise to remove stuff you know nothing about? one of my other 3 position switches activates Orientation control, another 2 position switch I set to reset my timers on my Futaba T8J... So why not figure out what it is doing before removing it?

If you have 6 wires coming out of your receiver, your set up for traditional mode, s-bus uses only one cable and so does PPM. s-bus = d-bus on naza.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You need to take your transmitter apart and solder all the red wires together. Then let your soldering iron warm up and force it through the 1st "A" where it says NAZA. Try not to go through the whole flight controller and dont breathe the fumes. Now run a lead from the group of red wires from you transmitter down into the hole you made. Fill it with Coke. Now take a 12v car battery and get some jumper cables. Attach the negative end to one of the ESC motor wires and the other to your antenna on the transmitter. Should fix all the switches. (disclaimer) Surely you know I am joking, please dont do this.:)

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
You need to take your transmitter apart and solder all the red wires together. Then let your soldering iron warm up and force it through the 1st "A" where it says NAZA. Try not to go through the whole flight controller and dont breathe the fumes. Now run a lead from the group of red wires from you transmitter down into the hole you made. Fill it with Coke. Now take a 12v car battery and get some jumper cables. Attach the negative end to one of the ESC motor wires and the other to your antenna on the transmitter. Should fix all the switches. (disclaimer) Surely you know I am joking, please dont do this.:)

LMAO... I tried that and it worked pretty good.

adanac

Thank you. I have a three-position switch configured for GPS/Attitude/Manual. However, when that switch is in GPS mode, another two-position switch is set up to switch between GPS and Failsafe. Perhaps this is a standard set-up. Are the instructions for setting up the radio in the Quick Start Guide? This radio/rx/mc was set up by the previous owner so I'd love to completely re-do that so I know how to do it.

First thing I would do is see what them switches are doing, you said they are doing something but never said what!

One of my 2 position switches activates failsafe, is it wise to remove stuff you know nothing about? one of my other 3 position switches activates Orientation control, another 2 position switch I set to reset my timers on my Futaba T8J... So why not figure out what it is doing before removing it?

If you have 6 wires coming out of your receiver, your set up for traditional mode, s-bus uses only one cable and so does PPM. s-bus = d-bus on naza.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thank you. I have a three-position switch configured for GPS/Attitude/Manual. However, when that switch is in GPS mode, another two-position switch is set up to switch between GPS and Failsafe. Perhaps this is a standard set-up. Are the instructions for setting up the radio in the Quick Start Guide? This radio/rx/mc was set up by the previous owner so I'd love to completely re-do that so I know how to do it.

Arnold, that second switch forces the heli into failsafe mode so you can flip it and (hopefully) the helicopter will fly back to where it took off from. it's like a panic button but it's a switch

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Arnold, that second switch forces the heli into failsafe mode so you can flip it and (hopefully) the helicopter will fly back to where it took off from. it's like a panic button but it's a switch

As Bart said, it is there for a reason... There is no guide per-say for setting up your TX and RX, I myself when I did mine was a challenge but with some help from YouTube it can be easier. try this... Ali has a lot more with details including setups for the Naza and so on..

That is also a pretty bad way of setting up failsafe, you really need to have failsafe working independently of what mode the copter is in. If you are in ATTI mode and you freak out, are you going to remember how to get it into failsafe? will you remember to flick to GPS then flick your failsafe switch? With some mixes on the radio, you can achieve a one switch failsafe.

sledge57

hijack.gif

Sorry for the Hijack, but how do you do this (RTH on a 2 pos switch) with the Futaba Tx? (mines a T8FG but the T8J programming seems close enough to figure it out)

I tried setting up the mix to do it but I'm missing something. For the record I don't intend to enable RTH on a switch right away but eventually and would like to know how. I've also watched Ali's videos and have figured out a bunch of things programming wise from them.

Also how do you setup a switch to reset the timers? My eyes start to bleed about 1/3 of the way through that "opus" Futaba included (not complaining about a complete manual but it's a tough read after 12 - 15 hrs working...

Thanks

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Gaaargh, the timers on Futaba's are a bit of a pain to set up but I have two set on my 14SG, a count down that sets off an alarm and them a count up timer starting when my throttle goes up past a predetermined point and stopping when I reduce throttle to zero, for reset I use the trainer switch,, 8FG is the same to set up I think.

I can post some screen shots if you like.

Pete

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
In your radio settings, scroll over to the "Timer" function on page 3, select timer and you have some settings for your switches, RS-SW I think is Reset Switch and you scroll to it and select the switch you want to use, I use switch "F" which is on the top left of my radio, it is the bigger non-latching switch. This switch might be labeled differently on your radio, I noticed mine was not the same layout as Ali's but it is the same radio.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Did you watch the video? about half way through Ali starts to show you how to do what you need, this is one of the reasons why I posted this video.
hijack.gif

Sorry for the Hijack, but how do you do this (RTH on a 2 pos switch) with the Futaba Tx? (mines a T8FG but the T8J programming seems close enough to figure it out)

I tried setting up the mix to do it but I'm missing something. For the record I don't intend to enable RTH on a switch right away but eventually and would like to know how. I've also watched Ali's videos and have figured out a bunch of things programming wise from them.

Also how do you setup a switch to reset the timers? My eyes start to bleed about 1/3 of the way through that "opus" Futaba included (not complaining about a complete manual but it's a tough read after 12 - 15 hrs working...

Thanks

sledge57

Did you watch the video? about half way through Ali starts to show you how to do what you need, this is one of the reasons why I posted this video.

I've watched all of Ali's setup videos (very helpful) and followed along with the RTH setup but it didn't work so I know I'm missing something. Not a big deal, I don't plan to set it up until I'm more comfortable flying it and have all the bugs (is this even possible :nevreness: ) worked out. I'll watch and try it again, too cold and snowy to fly anyway
sosad.gif

I will try the timers today, I'd like to set them up exactly like Pete described, so if you get a chance to post screen shots Pete that'd be great.

Thanks for all the help.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Here is a couple of grabs from the timers on the 14SG, not sure if they are the same as what you are asking about, I have an 8FG coming soon but don't have one in front of me.

Attachments

• Timer (1 of 2).jpg
    Timer (1 of 2).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Timer (2 of 2).jpg
    Timer (2 of 2).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 377

sledge57

Just tried setting up the timer for the throttle, works great, thanks again.

I found a couple more vids for setting up RTH on it's own switch and I believe I got that too, have to connect to Naza Assistant to verify but it now seems to work as I seen in the videos.

Now if it'd ever quit snowing and warm up past 15* ....

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Just tried setting up the timer for the throttle, works great, thanks again.

I found a couple more vids for setting up RTH on it's own switch and I believe I got that too, have to connect to Naza Assistant to verify but it now seems to work as I seen in the videos.

Now if it'd ever quit snowing and warm up past 15* ....

How did you go setting the mode switching on the 8J, it is much easier with the FG and 14SG as they have six three way switches each.

Almost too hot to fly here, over 90 today and tomorrow and going over 100 through the week, you do have to be dedicated and pick your times.

Pete