The part I dread: choosing a Gimbal

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Yep, did a search. Not one of them was from 2014. And the first three results were from the same person who does not sound like a reputable source and is quick to anger by the sounds of it. That is often why these things seem bigger than they are, one person repeating themselves over and over, with others offering sympathy which sounds like agreement.

I would seriously advise you to actually read the posts you are often taking as facts and judge the people who post them. If every negative post puts you off then this is certainly not the profession for you. Is a handful of crashes out of the 1000's of aircraft sold not good enough?

Yeah, the heat here is making me all preachy! I need an ice-cream...:nevreness:

adanac

I love it. It's 28 and you call that heat! I have friends in Sligo, Ireland and they say the place shuts down when it gets to 28. Try Chinatown, NYC in the summer!

That person probably started out angry after his crash, and then got angrier as he got flamed. It's not an ideal situation.

I read the posts and I don't know what is "fact" and what isn't. It isn't considerate for you to assume that I don't know how to read the forums - I'll accept the heat excuse. That said, it's true one has to be careful of the echo chamber.

THAT said, it's also true DJI was responsible for S800 structural issues that had be addressed in the subsequent version, for the WKM issue you reference (if that was the cause), and for numerous other documented issues. I've read enough to have a normal, healthy concern about DJI.

Yep, did a search. Not one of them was from 2014. And the first three results were from the same person who does not sound like a reputable source and is quick to anger by the sounds of it. That is often why these things seem bigger than they are, one person repeating themselves over and over, with others offering sympathy which sounds like agreement.

I would seriously advise you to actually read the posts you are often taking as facts and judge the people who post them. If every negative post puts you off then this is certainly not the profession for you. Is a handful of crashes out of the 1000's of aircraft sold not good enough?

Yeah, the heat here is making me all preachy! I need an ice-cream...:nevreness:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
28° in England is about as hot as it gets. I went through a couple of years of 40° in California, but it was a 'dry heat' as everyone kept saying. It certainly didn't feel as hot as it does here!

I still find it hard to find fault with DJI as all my stuff has worked great. I have made more than double what I put into my equipment, and I've only been going a short time. Even those who moan about DJI still use their stuff. The Wookong is still the most popular FC I see on operators rigs.

So the S800 has vibes, all aircraft do. The only difference with the S800 is you can see it in the arms since they are flexible. As long as it doesn't make it to your footage who really cares.

I still dream of an Aeronavics X4. An awesome airframe. One day it shall be mine!

adanac

I'm from the San Fernando Valley. I remember the dry heat and the days it was so smoggy your lungs hurt at night.

I purchased a used Tarot T810 three days ago to avoid having to buy the S800 - vibrations (and price) were a big part of it. Now, as I add things up, I find it will cost me as much to get this T810 outfitted with FC and gimbal as it will to buy a new S800, WKM, Z15 package! I realize now I was comparing the price of this T810 ($1000) to the price of the S800 alone ($2100), and did not consider the package price.

I suppose I can buy the S800 package and re-sell the S800 if I'm married to this T810. God help me if I have to deal with Aerial Media Pros.

28° in England is about as hot as it gets. I went through a couple of years of 40° in California, but it was a 'dry heat' as everyone kept saying. It certainly didn't feel as hot as it does here!

I still find it hard to find fault with DJI as all my stuff has worked great. I have made more than double what I put into my equipment, and I've only been going a short time. Even those who moan about DJI still use their stuff. The Wookong is still the most popular FC I see on operators rigs.

So the S800 has vibes, all aircraft do. The only difference with the S800 is you can see it in the arms since they are flexible. As long as it doesn't make it to your footage who really cares.

I still dream of an Aeronavics X4. An awesome airframe. One day it shall be mine!