Testing RTH on Assistant ??

SDB777

I've seen all the video's on YouTube, about testing the RTH/failsafe on quads....but isn't there another way?

After all, you have a few hundred to a few thousand bucks floating in the air....that is a real test of 'faith' to turn the receiver off or flip that switch to simulate no receiver! And what happens if you turn the receiver off and the RTH doesn't work....never any videos of that sort of thing(unless I used the wrong search terms).

So, can you simulate the RTH/Failsafe while hooked up on the computer and track the system progress? If not, why isn't possible?

Scott (thoughts) B

Hood49

You can test it in real out doors and if you see that things are going wrong you can switch on the radio again an retake control.

Langdale

You can test it in Assistant. Turn off Tx or operate which ever switch it's allocated to and it should default to Fail Save.

Hood49

Oh I misunderstood.
Indeed when I configured on the assistant I turned of the radio and I saw it pop to failsafe.

I've seen all the video's on YouTube, about testing the RTH/failsafe on quads....but isn't there another way?
After all, you have a few hundred to a few thousand bucks floating in the air....that is a real test of 'faith' to turn the receiver off or flip that switch to simulate no receiver! And what happens if you turn the receiver off and the RTH doesn't work....never any videos of that sort of thing(unless I used the wrong search terms).
So, can you simulate the RTH/Failsafe while hooked up on the computer and track the system progress? If not, why isn't possible? Scott (thoughts) B

If you test it in flight by turning off the radio, you may have to wait too long for the radio to start fully and will not have the option of regaining control in the event that it does not work.
Testing it on the assistant and NEVER turning off the radio is the very best policy.
My Spektrum radio can take a full 4-5 seconds to fully initiate after turning it off. That will seem like 30 min. if your copter is spinning out of control. I dedicate my Throttle Hold switch to the RTH/Failsafe function.