testflight with the aibotix X6 - part 1

ChrisViperM

"About the – in my opinion – misinformation on the website from the company in question: Somebody in the German – language forum wrote „welcome to reality; overpromise and underdeliver is common practice.“ But this is the only manufacturer I saw so far - so I'm unable to compare this company with any other."

...... well and what about "over confidence" and "hobby assessments" in talk show style ?
... and you say are unable to compare this company with others ?

Obviously you do not know how many manufactorers are on the market !

Sorry for getting a little bit strong in my words !

Since we have spent quite a big amount of money for three different drones and one training drone for flying basics, as well as two pro - pilots, I am giving you the following advice:

1. learn to make a real market study, based on that what you are looking for and not such a kind pre-school taxations

2. contact the companies and ask for infos (written) and also for references

3. then meet the people and communicate your Pros and Cons or your concerns

4. test the equipment in all matters, by flying and for specific applications and consulte "expierenced people" (maybe friend or a pro pilot)

5. read extracts of the manual to see if you can align the theory in practise

6. take your result and compare to all other equipment avialable - here take care because on the market we have a lot who
are buying "Chinese equipment" for a cheep money and they are mounting it up for you ! - good for the hobby, but not for the pro-world

7. re-assure the promises with written guarantees

7. take your decision

8. If you have any doubts contact me - I have offered this already in my first reply !

We are using this technologies now for almost three years, in a very wide field of applications and you can believe that I have seen and tested a lot
- Canadian and US - Systems as well as other German systems (for sure only those, which are in an acceptable price range) and also special software
and Yes - we did made our decision to use the systems we bought, because on our evaluation they are the best.

Just to give you some price ideas:

for our MD4-1000 we paid 50.800,- € + taxes with a Olympus camera - price list as of 40.000 - limited to 1 kg

for our Mavinci aircraft we paid 32.000 € + taxes limited to 500gr

for our X6 we paid 25.500,- € + taxes limited to 2kgs - yes price is now 27.500,- € but it comes with more extras

For sensors:

FLIR TAU 640 - 26.000,- € + taxes

FLIR TAU Core - 9000,- € + taxes

CANON 5D Mark II - 2400,- € + taxes

SONY 3D HD Video - 1500,- € + taxes

coming soon

Tetracam - 6 filter - multispectral - around 12.000 € + taxes

.... and for sure I can say that the products coming from somewehre of China or from Waterloo area - Belgium
or from Berlin area - Germany are not compatable for the time being.

I am Patrick (real name) - phws@mail.com (real email)

+++1 on that.

This independent-guy doesn't even have the slightest clue of basic business principles. Truth is, web-pages are there to draw attention, and once attention is established, someone must do his homework and take it step by step from there. I have never seen someone complaining at McDonalds that the real burgers look completely different than all the nice pictures on the walls. The same goes with advertising for any other product, expensive or cheap. But even my 12 year old knows that....The only thing I am afraid of is that people with no clue at all - and he proudly admitted this fact - are going to buy one of this Copters and crash them into a croud at a concert - or similar - and then saying later: Mhhhm...but the website said this is a safe product.

The best thing that could happen... if we all want heavy regulations in future in order to protect us from ourselfs.

Dear tester....stay in your job and never ever try to start a business unless you have learned the basics...of business and of life

Chris

Hi Patrick,

thank you indeed for your offer to contact you in case I have any doubts.

It's up to you to think that my comments are "talk show style" and "pre school". I do not think so. I think I stated facts.
Yes - I am aware of the fact that there are quite a few manufacturers on the market. For that reason I said that this was the only one I saw "so far".

The second point in which you suggest that I get in contact with companys, asking for infos and references:
The information is given on the website. And that justified a closer look on location. And references - I do hope that we don't have different opinions on that one - can be faked.
Or, to put it in other words: What is the point of a website if I don't believe anything and question everything it says anyway?

And point 1 about a market study: One side of the coin is that it pays to conduct a comprehensive market study. Which I did. On the other hand, however, I stick to it: I am entitled to believe that any information given on the website holds true. Even more so if it comes in writing and in a video.

point 7: "re-assure the promises with written guarantees": It was within the first 5 minutes after my arrival that I've been told that the collision avoidance system is not yet ready for the market. After that I already felt that there would be no point in asking for a written guarantee.

I really do wish you all the best with all your kopter systems.
Walter

High prices: To charge a certain price is one thing. To increase a price at least twice a year ( the year is not yet over ) and by a hefty margin is another.

Dear Chris,

It seems that we have very different views about "basic business principles". How about honesty, to start with?
A web page has the job to draw attention. But not only. Another job it has is to give - correct - information.
And that does not have anything to do with heavey regulations. I would rather call it fairness and common sense.

Complaining at McDonalds: I think I can help you on that.
Australia alone, for example, and country with just 21 million people living there, has every year complaints from customers about a given service or product mounting to billions of dollars.
And people do complain - for example via the page handlemycomplaint.com.au
So I do believe that if the two of us would sit down and make some research we found find complaints about McDonalds - plenty of it.

Crashing the kopter into a crowd: On that one we are perfectly on the same page.
The question is not whether this is going to happen or not, but rather how long it will take until it does happen.
In this context you might find it interesting that one of the German comments about my post has a very similiar view on this.

Walter

Walter