Strato Snapper - Remote shutter T2i ???

hjls3

So I am in need of some help. I am going to stuff a T2i onto a AV130. There is not a bunch of room for anything coming out of the side of the T2i. Originally I planned on just plugging in a intervalometer. I am thinking that I would like to give this "Strato Snapper" a go to release the shutter. I use a 9503 TX and plan on dedicating the AUX2 switch to the Strato Snapper. Video on/off down and shutter up. I like the idea of being able to program the snapper to continue to take pics in timed sequence if the switch stays up.

Is this a good way togo, what are your thoughts? Is there something better out there? WHat do you guys use.

http://www.mikrokopter.us/shop/strato-snapper-strato-snapper

Thanks for any suggestions you might have in advance...John

ZAxis

We have used a GentLed IR remote control for our Sony NEX5 and it worked really well. Versions are available for Canon DSLRs. In the last week we have bought a StratoSnapper and are really impressed by it. The ability to reprogram it at will is brilliant. We've checked it out on the NEX5 in all available modes and also on a Canon 500D, works as advertised.
So the GentLed was cheaper and dedicated to a particular brand, the Strato Snapper is twice the price but has ultimate flexibility. Both do the job.

andy

ghaynes

Get the StratoSnapper. Works extremely well, I us it on a Sony NEX-7. Switch up for the photos, either 1 or 2 second setting. For that on the Sony you leave it up, back to middle to stop shooting. For video switch down, but only for about a second with a setting of 0 on the Strato. That starts the video. Down again to stop the video. This works for me. Only gotcha is to make sure you don't leave it down in the configuration I have otherwise it shoots little short clips as it keeps recycling.

Gary

hjls3

thanks for the info. I am going to give the Strato a try. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be in stock at mikrokoter US. Sent them an email, tomorrow might look around the web and see if I cant find one. Thanks again. - John