Strange Behavior....Video

Need some help with this one...

Please watch the video. I have a rather strange problem and don’t know where to go with it. As you can see and hear there is an intermittent motor noise accompanied by a vibration. The first half of the video it was flying with very erratic movements. The second half of the video I couldn’t even get the thing off the ground. The whole time I was maintaining throttle position. See specs below. Please help me with this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxc6q-btC8o&feature=youtu.be

DJI F550 with Extensions
Motors - IPower 750 KV
Stock 30amp DJI Esc's
12" Gauniper props
4 cell 4500 MAH 25-50c discharge.
Controller - DJI Naza

rcmike

All i can tell from the video is that you have some serious vibration issue going on. Does one of the motors have seriously bad bearings? Is one of the props going out of track?

They are brand new motors....I checked all the props and they were tight. If you listen to it you can here the motor speed going up and down like crazy....

rcmike

It sounds to me like when a prop goes out of track or something, not the motor speeding up. What kind of props are you using?

If your yard is like mine then if you killed the weeds there wouldn't be anything left. Lol

What do you mean a prop going out of track? I'm using Graupner props..

Ya same here, not much actual grass in that mix.

rocjock

i'm not super qualified to diagnose it but my guess is something related to the fc. i can't say i hear mechanical issues other than the flight controller trying to level. it also looks like it's not holding altitutde very well. what are your gains at?

is gps installed? what flight mode are you in?

it's going to be really hard for anyone to get far until you provide as much info as possible.

kloner

Aerial DP
that vibration sound you hear is preventing this thing from going. the ipower motors aren't super powerful and any kinda imperfection like an out of balance prop or even too big of prop will do this. Try an 11" prop if you have some handy

I'd back up a tad, take all the props off and fire up the motors on the bench. feel around for any vibrations. If you find one shaking, try unbolting the prop adapter and rotate it, tighten it back down, any different? might try at least twice......

4s, 12", 30 amp esc, your on the edge as far as your esc's are concerned