So, you think you can fly a Multirotor huh?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
You got to see this, this guy has some pretty good skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

He is one of the best LOS pilots in the world. I can only imagine how much stuff gets sent to him for testing.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
He can certainly move that beast around.... very impressive what some people can do, but this guy... WOW.... I have no words for his skills.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
He is amazing, but at that point of skill I'd move on to Heli's, with flybarless CP they can do so much more!
But still with no orientation on the rig, the guy seriously has skills!

kloner

Aerial DP
he came from helis

check out some of his latest stuff, hes always doing something i dont expect

Last edited by a moderator:

Doesn't matter how good you are, and admittedly he is very VERY good, launching and catching a multirotor with your hand as he was doing is a plea to be called "Lefty" for the rest of your life.

Being stupid doesn't take much practice.

....sT

Aviator

I need me one of those... Whenever I fly my Tricopter like that, it doesn`t take long before a prop snaps or a motor pulls off under the force, fly all my funky stuff with an original KK board, have tried with the KK2 but it doesn`t feel so responsive? maybe just a case of spending more time PID tuning... Looks like the MultiWii board works really well?
@Simon templar You are probably right about catching it? but I tend to do the same, mainly due to the fact I cannot be bothered to bend down and pick it up :) + it looks pretty cool and isn`t that dangerous if you are confident in your flying, just a case of dropping it into your hand so the motors are more or less shut down the time you get it.

@Simon templar You are probably right about catching it? but I tend to do the same, mainly due to the fact I cannot be bothered to bend down and pick it up :) + it looks pretty cool and isn`t that dangerous if you are confident in your flying, just a case of dropping it into your hand so the motors are more or less shut down the time you get it.

Confident or not.....it's always dangerous. But, hey, life is tough....it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Not to mention that, in this time when people are scared to death of the UAV/Drone Boogy Man, it is just plain bad judgement to do ANY kind of dangerous or ill-conceived things with a multi and then publish them on YouTube. About as bright as that video someone posted here showing some clown driving his hex into a stadium stand full of people.

....sT

Aviator

Confident or not.....it's always dangerous. But, hey, life is tough....it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Not to mention that, in this time when people are scared to death of the UAV/Drone Boogy Man, it is just plain bad judgement to do ANY kind of dangerous or ill-conceived things with a multi and then publish them on YouTube. About as bright as that video someone posted here showing some clown driving his hex into a stadium stand full of people.

....sT

It is hardly a drone, its little more than a parkflyer? I would completely agree with you if it was something more substantial, and there will always be someone posting videos of flying R/C stuff irresponsibly, some make a living out of it (TBS) some of their stuff is great but some is not so much dangerous.... but not helping the cause. And you will always get people with big wallets and no experience wanting to make films, buying large camera ships and crashing them. To think it would have been any different is as you say "stupid" not everyone can be as smart as you, so you will get people doing these things and hopefully they wont spoil it for everyone?

Stacky

The one thing here is that quite simply Warthox is the best there is, the best in the world at that sort of flying and he has a ton of experience with building and flying, he only ever hand launches the small multis. If I went surfing at pipeline it would be dangerous and stupid, if Sonny Garcia does it well thats a different story for obvious reasons.

RotorJockey

Next trick ... put a grass cutter on the gimbal and mow the lawn ... ? Prune trees ... ? Haircut, anyone ... ?
Really awsome flying!

Aviator

Stacky what you said just about sums it up.. Its only stupid when you are not confident of your skills and you put others needlessly at risk.

It is hardly a drone, its little more than a parkflyer? I would completely agree with you if it was something more substantial, and there will always be someone posting videos of flying R/C stuff irresponsibly, some make a living out of it (TBS) some of their stuff is great but some is not so much dangerous.... but not helping the cause.

Ahh...but that is precisely the point.

YOU know that it is insubstantial.....*I* know that it is insubstantial....but those who are currently running about wringing their hands bemoaning 'we need to ban all of those drones flying around invading our privacy', they DON'T know it. It's all about looks. It's all about responsible and irresponsible behaviour.

As everyone else has pointed out, there are alarming parallels between our problem and the anti-gun movement. The reactionaries don't have a clue...yet they run around screaming bloody murder about 'assault weapons' and 'saturday night specials' and 'criminals buying them on every street corner for $5'. It's all crap. It's all a lie. They don't even have a clue what it is they are afraid of. They can't even give you a useable definition for any of these terms. Yet, they cause problems for all of us anyway...even moreso because they are so irrational in their fears.

No...bad judgement is bad judgement.

And saying something isn't dangerous because you'll only cut yourself as opposed to losing a finger (or worse) is no excuse for doing it and giving us all a bad name.

Look guys....I am retired FAA. I know how they operate...I know how they think. I don't want them getting their fingers into our business any more than you do. But....because of this, I know how easy it is for them to decide to become involved. Trust me.....it's a bad idea.

....sT

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
love that v-tail quad. it's not hard to see it scaled up with two pilots and eight or ten troops in the back. and a belly gunner, all the best planes had belly gunners. :)