Aeronavics / Droidworx Skyjib 8 + Movi+ Toad in the Hole

JLO

Guys I would like to ask your opinion on the current options for mounting a Movi to a Skyjib frame Vi or V2,
I know of the Eco Mount it works and its for the CS gimbal and or AV200 I am guessing it will work with a Movi too
but with the recent release of the very clever and simple design Toad in the Hole from Freefly is any one adapting a vibration system for the Skyjib frame that would work with the Toad part
thanks

View attachment 18100+View attachment 18101+View attachment 18102

Attachments

• Skyjib weiss.jpg
    Skyjib weiss.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 613
  • Movi.jpg
    Movi.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 448
  • toad.jpg
    toad.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 556

CameraBee

I am currently using a SkyJib 8 Ti-QR with retractable gear. Fly a Movi 10 and us a Toad in the Hole. It works wonderfully! I bolted my Toad directly to the SkyJib's QR camera mount.

Guys I would like to ask your opinion on the current options for mounting a Movi to a Skyjib frame Vi or V2,
I know of the Eco Mount it works and its for the CS gimbal and or AV200 I am guessing it will work with a Movi too
but with the recent release of the very clever and simple design Toad in the Hole from Freefly is any one adapting a vibration system for the Skyjib frame that would work with the Toad part
thanks

View attachment 22291+View attachment 22292+View attachment 22293

henrysj

I am currently using a SkyJib 8 Ti-QR with retractable gear. Fly a Movi 10 and us a Toad in the Hole. It works wonderfully! I bolted my Toad directly to the SkyJib's QR camera mount.

I'm amazed by this - I'm using the M5 with Skyjib retracts and there is no way close to enough room to use the Toad with it - I've even had to attach some pipe lagging to use it without the Toad. Is the M10 smaller height wise to the M5 - With a Nikon D800 its about 310mm from top plate to bottom

im assuming when you use the landing gear you simply need to keep the movi pointed forward or it will hit the legs. also, what motors are you using to lift the movi? right now we are using AMP epic 500kv motors and want a little more power but it seems the Upowers have issues fitting.

APVXtreme

APVXtreme
im assuming when you use the landing gear you simply need to keep the movi pointed forward or it will hit the legs. also, what motors are you using to lift the movi? right now we are using AMP epic 500kv motors and want a little more power but it seems the Upowers have issues fitting.

Rick, I've tried the AMP Epic 500KV motors and ended up putting them on a SkyHero Spy750 Y6 setup (fly's like a dream) and for our SkyJib I just put Avroto 3520 KV400's on it... Wow, quiet, smooth and tonnes of power. They bolt up to the plate nicely but you'll have to find different screws to mount the plate to the frame. Easy fix tough.

As for the landing gear, we have the retracts so we can point the camera any direction we want without issue?

jfro

Aerial Fun
Rick, I've tried the AMP Epic 500KV motors and ended up putting them on a SkyHero Spy750 Y6 setup (fly's like a dream) and for our SkyJib I just put Avroto 3520 KV400's on it... Wow, quiet, smooth and tonnes of power. They bolt up to the plate nicely but you'll have to find different screws to mount the plate to the frame. Easy fix tough.

As for the landing gear, we have the retracts so we can point the camera any direction we want without issue?

APVXtreme, sorry for off topic, but I live across the lake from you and am contemplating taking 2 or 3 of my MR's up into Northern Michigan in the fall for some filming. Driving through Niagara falls and then Sarnia saves a bunch of hours of driving. Curious if you have ever brought your MR's through the border in Niagara Falls or Sarnia and if so, is there extra work or documentation that is needed for either Canadian or US customs? Just in relations to MR's, Batteries, and Camera gear.

I have some Avroto 3515 on my x8 and KDE 3520's on a quad. Both motors are rock solid so far.

APVXtreme

APVXtreme
APVXtreme, sorry for off topic, but I live across the lake from you and am contemplating taking 2 or 3 of my MR's up into Northern Michigan in the fall for some filming. Driving through Niagara falls and then Sarnia saves a bunch of hours of driving. Curious if you have ever brought your MR's through the border in Niagara Falls or Sarnia and if so, is there extra work or documentation that is needed for either Canadian or US customs? Just in relations to MR's, Batteries, and Camera gear.

I have some Avroto 3515 on my x8 and KDE 3520's on a quad. Both motors are rock solid so far.

I've never driven across the border but I've flown with gear, it was actually harder to get back into Canada than it was to leave. I can't see an issue. One thing you may want to bring is an itemized list of your gear with serial #'s and corresponding value so that you can prove you own the gear when going back into the states. I can't remember the name of the document but you can get it at any customs office.

PMaughan

Just ordered the M5, looks unbeatable...

Did you guys go for the medium size or extra long retracts extensions?

Cheers

Pete

Quinton

Just ordered the M5, looks unbeatable...

Did you guys go for the medium size or extra long retracts extensions?

Cheers

Pete

I got my movi m5 and the toad 2 days ago, and my long legs came today 430mm so hopefully will get them together this weekend, and you can see exactly what heights required.
The movi is pretty heavy, over 2kgs, but its really simple to setup and balance.

Quinton

Just had a play around with the legs tonight, and seems that the 440mm ones will be good to go, it adds about 4 inches onto the normal ones.
The bottom of the gimbal will be about 40mm above the ground when level (and almost touching ground if not powered on and hanging) when the toad in the hole is added, just need to drill a few holes now and get it rigged up properly.
The toad in the hole is ingenious quick release, but very simple, and lets you go from hand held to flying in seconds.

Quinton

The toad in the hole is great, here is a picture with the 440mm legs, however you really need to ensure when you initiate the gimbal that the front of the motor is pointing to the front, as you can see there is not enough distance to do a 360 with the legs down.

View attachment 18893

Attachments

• P1060019.jpg
    P1060019.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 349

PMaughan

Good to know Quinton. Ordered a set of the extensions from Multirotorcraft, thanks for the tip, as you said, great service.

I've also ordered the MR kit with the M5 so will give them a shot too when it all comes in.

Pete

Quinton

Good to know Quinton. Ordered a set of the extensions from Multirotorcraft, thanks for the tip, as you said, great service.

I've also ordered the MR kit with the M5 so will give them a shot too when it all comes in.

Pete

Here's a couple of pictures of the MR kit with the wheels on them from the ones heliguy got in last week, they look pretty good.

View attachment 18896View attachment 18897

Attachments

• m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 279
  • m5-1.jpg
    m5-1.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 304

Quinton

Managed to have a play with the GH4 fpv today and glad to see it seems to be all working, just had to take the GH4 out of auto (in TV connection)and select either 1080p or 720p to see it on the monitor.
Funny thing is I was sold a 5V batttery to plug into the mini HDMI2AV, but it seemed to work without it, so not sure why it needed the 5V input yet, least its a cheap option as you can pick them up for £15/$25, just need to source my thin/light HDMI to mini hdmi lead now, if anyone has any good links, especially here in Europe.