Show us what you shot.

yakjock

this is the shot of the 296 year old church which is a few miles from my house (if you look at the doors on the tower you can see the date 1716) i took with my Gopro hard mounted to my F450 tonight my first proper pic with the copter.

View attachment 4759

Attachments

• GOPR0745.jpg
    GOPR0745.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 293

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Nice, I love the contrast balance and sharpness of the first two pictures. I also like the way they've built that bridge high only at one end to let bigger boats through.

ZAxis

Supergravy ... nice shots.

After a quick read of Wikipedia, it seems you are not the only one to take a potshot at Fort Stevens .... it was the only continental US military establishment shelled by the Japs in WW2 !

andy

Supergravy ... nice shots.

After a quick read of Wikipedia, it seems you are not the only one to take a potshot at Fort Stevens .... it was the only continental US military establishment shelled by the Japs in WW2 !

andy

Yes, this is a fun bit of history for sure. I thought it interesting that the Fort Comander chose not to fire back keeping everything blacked out and quiet. I would have expected them to let er rip with some of the old guns.

I learned yesterday that the building that is front and center in the second photo is where cable television first started on the west coast of the US. Perhaps first in the nation?

Thanks for the nice comments!

hjls3

I live in Durango Colorado and currently we have fires all around us. I thought I would go in the backyard, put a GoPro in the air and take a pic or two. The pics dont really do the haze justice but you can get a small idea of how smokey it is here right now.
View attachment 4926

Attachments

• GOPR1512.jpg
    GOPR1512.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Went out for the first time today with the new setup and got nice pic this evening....

Constructive critique:

Bin the Tiltshift effect - it is not just tired now, it is totally exhausted - and add a little digital sharpening. An altitude shot like this benefits from top to bottom pinsharp focus.

As you were taking this 'blind', i.e. without a video downlink, then obviously you have little control over composition and have to accept what you get. But as a note on that subject, composition would be made more enticing by framing slightly to the left to show more of the curve of the river.

And lastly, go out and do it again half an hour earlier, so that the setting sun illuminates the trees and boats on the waterline.

janoots2

Constructive critique:

Bin the Tiltshift effect - it is not just tired now, it is totally exhausted - and add a little digital sharpening. An altitude shot like this benefits from top to bottom pinsharp focus.

As you were taking this 'blind', i.e. without a video downlink, then obviously you have little control over composition and have to accept what you get. But as a note on that subject, composition would be made more enticing by framing slightly to the left to show more of the curve of the river.

And lastly, go out and do it again half an hour earlier, so that the setting sun illuminates the trees and boats on the waterline.

Thanks for the feedback Momabasa, I appreciate it. I'll try your recommendations, and yes I need to get better at my processing "skills" - working on that :) For the framing there were unattractive power lines in the lower left hand corner and an ugly road, so I had to choose on either the river, or keeping the boat docks - I decided to keep the docks and single boat as they were a good subject to keep. You hit the nail on the head with the light, I was scouting for about two hours for a good spot and found this one about a half an hour too late. I'm actually on a mountain shooting "off the edge" and the sun was setting behind me, so the mountain casted its shadow over the whole town. Heading back soon to get a fully lit shot.

ghaynes

Janoots

Nice job. Didn't even notice the tilt shift. Looks like a typical midwest summer day with the major haze in the air so close is sharp but everything fades out due to the haze/humidty/crappy air. Like the transition from front to back on the exposure since the foreground isn't totally gone in darkness and the sun is lighting up the hills in the background. Nicely done.