S800 WKM Configuration

nathasm

Curious what others have set up for the WKM:

IMU XYZ: 0, -5, 0
GPS XYZ, 0, 0, -14 (using the medium length pole)

Basic Gains (Pitch, Roll, Yaw, Vertical): 230, 230, 120, 180
Attitude Gains (Pitch, Roll): default
Advanced Parameters: default

Battery: 6S Lipo
First Level Protection: 23.1 - 0.3
Second Level Protection: 22.8 - 0.3

I'm curious what others have set up for the gains and voltage protection!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Sidney from DJI posted gains of 230/230/130/180 and 170/170. I am using them and I am happy with the results. My IMU is at: -6, 0, 0. My GPS is at 1,0,-18 on the tall mast.

Hello Guys,

Have you updated to 5.14a yet? if so, has your gains changed? I am just now getting ready to launch one with only 1 6S 6000mah right in the middle under the bottom frame.

This same WKM was on my F550 but the gains was below 60 across.. and since I have been reading, everyone is above that on the S800.. makes me worried about such a big difference in craft and gains. I am afraid it will jump out of the ground just to run back down into it.

Thanks..

jhardway

Thanks guys for sharing I am in the midst of setting up my s800, all the info helps, gains and protection levels are welcomed.

Thanks Again.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Im running 170 170 170 130 / 100 100 with 5.12a FW.

See no need to update to tell the truth.

Boris

nisouck

Here is mine
IMU : 0 0 -9
GPS : 0 0 -14
Autopilot 200 200 140 150
130 130

Cinestar Gimbal, 6S 8000 mAh, flight more than 10 min.

I like it!

@nisouck, so your GPS is mounted 5cm right above your IMU? how did you manage to mount the GPS bracket right above there?

I have my gains very, very close to yours.. I am getting a little swirling effect when I let the pitch or roll stick back to neutral.

Any suggestions? I on which gain to alter? Attitude?

Thank You,

KS

Here is mine
IMU : 0 0 -9
GPS : 0 0 -14
Autopilot 200 200 140 150
130 130

Cinestar Gimbal, 6S 8000 mAh, flight more than 10 min.

I like it!

My numbers are 225/225/150/210
200/200

I normall fly in ATTI/GPS.. lately, I am having trouble with altitude hold. I am running 2x 8000 mah, and a Zen15. I would power up to hold and the s800 will stay for about 2-5 sec at that altitude I stop it at center stick. then after 2-5 secs, it will act as if I throttled down to 40 percent or so. I have to kick the stick up to about 10 percent higher then center to catch it and then it will start moving up again... I would then center the stick once it gets back up to where it was, and the whole thing starts.

I will try to grab a video next time.

My verticle gains seems high already. any suggestions?

KS

Some S800 owners said that they covered the top plate holes and sides with nylon wrap. That fixed the wind turbulence created between the two center plates.

FerdinandK

@ksrimoungchanh
With 2x6S8000 (=approx. 2,5kg) and the Zen you are too heavy. In Atti/GPS-Atti mode, Throttle is only opend to a defined value (I think it is about 70%), you AUW (which is around 7,5kg?) requires more than that to hover. If you fly with 1x6S8000 you should be fine.

best regards

Ferdinand

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
@ksrimoungchanh
With 2x6S8000 (=approx. 2,5kg) and the Zen you are too heavy. In Atti/GPS-Atti mode, Throttle is only opend to a defined value (I think it is about 70%), you AUW (which is around 7,5kg?) requires more than that to hover. If you fly with 1x6S8000 you should be fine.

best regards

Ferdinand

I was wondering about that. Since the WKM nicely adjusts the throttle hover point in attitude/GPS mode no matter if weight was added or removed. So there has to be somme calculations going on to adjust that, which than again would seem like they would also adjust the whole throttle range if necessary ?

Boris

FerdinandK

@Boris,

The WKM uses a fixed throttle-range to hover (let´s assume 30%to70%, but I do not know the exact values), it is less, than available in manual mode. So if the weight of the copter allows to hover within that range, alt-hold is nice, of you need 75% throttle to hover (of course your stick is always in the center in Atti), what is described above, happens. I have a nice hexa, that I can fly from 2-5kg AUW, but if I exceed 5kg, the alt-hold works like described above. Also then the symptom occurs, that you loose height when flying fast forward in Atti or GPS-atti (for the same reason). Of course this also depends on the quality/type and condition of your battery.

best regards

Ferdinand

Last edited by a moderator:

r44heli

Hi All,

Am using 5.18 on S800 with Z15 and am having trouble changing gains - when I change them in Assistant they change and the new values appear in red but when I press Write to send them to IMU - they all just jump back to 100 default values -Any help appreciated.

ATFlyer

When you've changed a parameter hit ENTER. It should then change to black. Do that for all your changes then hit Write.

r44heli

Has anyone tried the S800 with Z15 DJI gains in the WKM user manual - 240 240 200 200 220 220 ??
Tried them today and found it to be very nervous, gone back to 130 130 100 110 100 100 and its much nicer.
Also with the DJI Gains we we getting single white flashes - I assume this to be "bad attitude"??

Aviator

Has anyone tried the S800 with Z15 DJI gains in the WKM user manual - 240 240 200 200 220 220 ??
Tried them today and found it to be very nervous, gone back to 130 130 100 110 100 100 and its much nicer.
Also with the DJI Gains we we getting single white flashes - I assume this to be "bad attitude"??

The gains suggested by DJI are in my opinion way over... At least for my machine they are?