Robert from UAVproducts.com DJIUSA, what terrific customer service from this company

jetbootz

Utter twaddle. Robert has provided excellent service to me and others I know ( who are real customers not shill accounts... )

Ill certainly be using UAVproducts again.

Robert was non responsive with me. I sent him over $5000.00 for a multirotor and he never responded to any of my e-mails or phone calls.
I will never spend a penny on his products.

I am located on the west coast and every single person ( 3 people) that had a dealing withRobert was negative.

I respectfully disagree Robert of UAV products is not a good guy.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Yep, only mistake he ever made for me was sending me a wrong motor and he more than made up for it by shipping 2 of the correct motors out the same day. I've purchased 2 WKM's, S800, Z15n, 2 Naza's with gps, 1 450 kit and he provides awesome service. I've had a DOA naza and Robert shipped out a new one very quick. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be using DJI products because trying to deal with DJI directly is a nightmare. Robert makes it easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Robert was non responsive with me. I sent him over $5000.00 for a multirotor and he never responded to any of my e-mails or phone calls.
I will never spend a penny on his products.

I am located on the west coast and every single person ( 3 people) that had a dealing withRobert was negative.

I respectfully disagree Robert of UAV products is not a good guy.

I don't understand this at all. You are saying you sent us $5k and never heard from us again. That's crazy!! What is your name, transaction #, order #......give me something to see if this legit. If we made any error on our part I will personally rectify this situation.

Honestly, I don't think this is legit. Now if my company is wrong in this I have NO PROBLEM publicly admitting our error. We really do our best to go the extra mile with customer service.

I will admit our phone service as of late has been horrible. The whole AT&T and micro cell needed in the shop/house/under a tree/if its cloudy or you look at the phone the wrong way is very frustrating. I'm setting vonage for a dedicated line shortly. I also need to switch to Verizon etc.

Note: New iphone 5 makes no difference for cell service. 4g and 4g LTE is great thou.

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Forum,
I will go on the record here and say that Robert @ UAVProducts is the best dealer in the RC world that I have done business with. Since the 70's.
He has always gone the extra mile & has a very vast knowledge of the products he sells.
He will get all of my busness of items he sells.

I truly question the validity of anyone who says differently.

When I first got into the realm of multirotors in the beginning of the year Robert was the man...He took time to talk to me on the phone and explain some differences as well as give me a general idea of what to expect...Great customer service is an understatement...

As of late I had a faulty NAZA and he simply said lets just get you a new one...I sent it in with a brief description and off to DJI it went...Just waiting on a word when they get in!!

Thanks again for helping me out!

gmango

Robert

I can understand you needing to clean up your act, but don,t act stupid. Lets see if I can refresh your poor memory. I purchased one hexa, UAVFRAME, with a Futaba receiver. The UAV FRAME is cabon fiber monoque, very
unique. Shipped to the San Jose California. I went to your site and it looks like you don't carry the UAVFRAME anymore, it looks like you are focusing on DJI.

We sent you over $5000.00 dollars and you never acknowledged that you received payment, never returned a phone call or e-mail. I did eventually receive my HEXA, but the way you kept
me in the dark for so long was wrong. I thought I would give you another chance, and I was actually able to talk to you on the phone. You asked that I e-mail my request for an DJI S800 system. I emailed you more than once, no response or call. I was fortunate enough to find a dealer on the west coast that did have one in stock and purchased the S800 from them. In frustration I sent you an e-mail explaining that I had purchased the S800 here on the west coast, and that I would never do business with you again, and you responded finally with the quote.

I truly hope that you continue to keep your current customers happy, But the Robert that we experienced here on the West Coast was not very professional or responsive. I believe it is important for customers to
report their experience with companies (GOOD and BAD). It is good to read that you have treated some customers professionally.

I do not question the validity of the people that have had good service form you, but I personally know people have not had a professional experience from Robert @ UAVProducts (Formely DJIUSA).
For your customers sake I hope you have changed the way you have done business in the past, but you have damaged your reputation here on the West Coast. Have you truthfully explained to your
customers why you changed your company name from DJIUSA to UAVPRODUCTS.

My negative experience with you Robert is mild in comparison to what happen to other past customers. I will encourage them to tell their story here on this form.
I run a company that provided forensic services to attorneys and understand the importance of positive and negative feed back from clients. We learn from both and are held accountable.

Good Luck Robert

Sincerely,

GMANGO

Icarus

I can't speak for others, but in our dealings with Robert he has always done an excellent job on all fronts.

Thanks for the great customer support Robert, it really is appreciated.

Keith
+Siteline crew

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Ah yes, I remember now. The E85 UAVFrames are no longer being made to my understanding. Killy has new ones coming that look pretty neat.
Yes, your E85 did take awhile to build for you. The main reason was to make sure it was right. Those frames take a lot of work to install everything and then if something is not right, its VERY time consuming to re do. I think your RTF issue was the actual lower frame molds were poor and some of the arms (motors) were not level. We had to wait for new frames to be made and ship to use from the Netherlands. All 5 of the frames were bad from that order. I had to check each and everyone to find that out. Of course, new ones were sent that had none of the mold issues. Your E85 RTF was delivered with no issues. It just was 3-5 weeks later than we originally expected.

Sure, maybe I should have responded quicker and yes I believe I ended up talking with your wife via email if I remember correctly.

Hmmm...I honestly don't remember the S800 quote. I do remember getting a nasty email from you for not getting a quote from us. Hey, I apologize, never wanting to make a customer un happy by any means.

I would really like to know who these other past customers are that are unhappy. PLEASE send the link to this post, lets see who they are and what they upset about. I don't hide behind smoke and mirrors and I'm not afraid to resolve any upset customers claims.

I have no idea what the West Coast has anything to do with anything. I deal all over the country and global for that matter.

Why did I change DJIUSA name you asked:

1. I sell more than just DJI.

2. DJI did ask me to because I was no longer the only Dist. in N. America with the release of the Multi rotor line.

Again, no conspiracy, no bad reputation, etc...

So basically you are all pissed because your RTF order was delayed and our line of communication back then was poor to slow. Also, because I didn't get a S800 Quote to you fast enough. I think that might have been when we were switching over websites. Not sure thou. Hey, call it how it is, I have no problem with that and I stand 100% behind my reputation. I guess its impossible to make everyone 100% happy but we do try and I do believe in Karma.

Again, sorry about your experience.

larryfl1

hi,

i have been dealing with robert at uavproducts.com for only a few days but he has been great to answer all of my many many questions. On top of it i have been a little(lot) indecisive in my purchase due the investment level and he has been a gentlemen in listening to me as i go back and forth...

In my short dealings with him i definitely give him a thumbs up in my book.

Larry

gmango

Robert

You obviously, do not remember clearly the E85 UAVFrame purchase I made because our lines of communication were not poor or slow (as you say), they were non existent. Let me see if I can put it in perspective for you, Imagine that you sent me $5000.00 worth of product and it was agreed that I would pay you upon delivery, however I never acknowledge that I received the $5000.00 worth of product.Get the picture!

Robert, I live on the West Coast, and I was stunned to hear similar negative stories about dealing with Robert@UAVProducts ( these are face to face meetings) as a matter of fact the only positive things I have heard about you are on this forum. I am glad that you are not the only DJI distributor in the USA, you burned me twice.

As you requested I will ask the unhappy customers to post here.

Sincerely

gmango

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
George,

Okay, I went back and checked on your order etc. Your wife Donna paid the invoice on March 9th. Your RTF E85 was shipped on Mar. 26th-27th. We had to rebuild that E85 to a different frame. I show a gap of no emails from March 10th -March 20th.

Then you have emails asking for S800 quote before the June 1st pre order discount. I have record of sending quote on May 30th. Then on May 31th I get a harsh email from you attacking me (verbally, not a big deal or anything just the tone was a little unsettling).

So I'm once again sorry for your experience you had. In retail making sure your customers are happy is key to survival. Its not always possible but honestly we do our best. The bottom line is we were not sitting around holding your money etc. We were working on making sure you received the product as described and as you paid for. That part we did. We did fail on the gap of no communication, I personally apologize.

So I'm doing everything here to "get the picture" as you put it in bold.

Buss. 101: It cost seven times more money to get a new customer than to maintain your current ones.

I truly run our companies that way and I apologize again for the gap in no communication, I truly do because I'm not in this industry (since 2008) for the short term.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
fwiw, i'm keeping track of IP addresses from the more questionable posts. if i find out that anyone is indeed a shill and posting baseless claims to intentionally discredit Robert or any other vendor, i'll assist if requested in legal proceeedings.

i generally don't interfere with truthful posts regarding bad service unless the dollar values go beyond the scope of this website.

"buyer beware" holds true for all purchases made without face-to-face experiences, not speaking about RObert here but with the internet in general.

Bart

jhardway

Robert rocks, over the past year I have, done some busy with him and in all case, my result have beem extreemly positive, in this world of RC business there are good and bad. Robert has been thorough and extreemly fair.

All I can say here, I want extend my full appreciation for all his help, time, and efforts. It made my ability to stay with this stuff that we do much easier.

Thank you for everything robert

gencode

Agree, Robert thanks for the help with the prop issue, your the best, when I get my next NAZA for my GAUI it will come from him.

Ed,

xnavyguy

I have to say I'm brand new to the multirotor world and Robert was great answering my questions over the phone or via email. Once I placed my order with him I had my F550 within a few days and he was more than willing to help answer any questions after my purchase since the instructions from DJI were "lacking".