Confession good for the soul

Bison52

They say confession is good for the soul. As I built my F550 (first build) I thought I was very careful to check everything three times at least. Bundled wires neatly and followed all the recommendations I read on MRF.

When I first tried out my copter, very erratic, flipped over, wouldn't hover. I have no RC experience but I didn't think it would be this hard to fly. Beset by doubts, did I have defective part? was I just that incompetent as a new pilot?

I checked everything again, motor rotation, prop orientation. Took top plate off and inspected all connections and solder joints. Didn't want to unbundle all those neat little wires but I knew I put them together correctly, I checked three times. No luck, wouldn't fly. Finally I broke all my spare props and while waiting on new ones, pulled everything apart.

Checked all receiver wires to naza, all correct. Checked motor 1 esc to M1, motor 2 to M2.....motor 5 to M6....wait, what? Sure enough, had M5 and M6 switched.

Put it back together, installed new props and guess what, took off, hovered and flew like a charm, it was amazingly easy.

So the moral of this story for noobs like me is: When something is wrong with your new multi, listen to the vets. Yeah, parts do sometimes fail but 99 times out of 100, you just hooked something up wrong.

Mike

Kilby

That will do it every time!

Glad you got it figured out. Now go fly that thing! ;-)

-Terry