REQUEST TO DJI: Photogrammetric GPS and IMU data

saidquad

srbell, thank you for your advice. The project manager changed the plan. Now he wants the images to be taken with a full frame camera such as 5D MarkII or III. This makes my work harder. 5D is almost 1500g with the lens which means I have to set up may be a Hex for it. The setup I am thinking of would carry 5D (no gimbal) probably for 20 or 23 mins at best. Following WKM i have to fly around 29km to cover the 4sqkm mapping. If the speed is 5m/s I can roughly fly one and a half leg with each charge of the battery. I don't know if it would be doable.

Last edited by a moderator:

srbell

Maybe try to change his mind lol! 5D is not a good choice even for filming work now the Black Magic pocket camera is out. So much weight with no benefit. With a 5D and a hex you're going to need to be running very efficient motors and at least 18" propellers like supreme or TMotor units. I'm just heading out this morning with the Tarot 960 with the Pixhawk autopilot and NEX7. This will be the Pixhawks first paying project so hopefully all goes well lol! Seems to be flying pretty awesome from testing yesterday. I'm getting a way tighter flight patter compared to my Wookongs. Let us know how your project goes.

srbell, thank you for your advice. The project manager changed the plan. Now he wants the images to be taken with a full frame camera such as 5D MarkII or III. This makes my work harder. 5D is almost 1500g with the lens which means I have to set up may be a Hex for it. The setup I am thinking of would carry 5D (no gimbal) probably for 20 or 23 mins at best. Following WKM i have to fly around 29km to cover the 4sqkm mapping. If the speed is 5m/s I can roughly fly one and a half leg with each charge of the battery. I don't know if it would be doable.

JMarques

Hi everyone.

I have a WKM and the GS for trying to do some photogrammetry and shooting photos at certain waypoints. (i know that photogrammetry is not that good in wkm)

So now i need some cable to connect the camera to the fc right? (i have a canon sx260)

What cable do you guys use for the camera shoots in certain waypoints?

thx

leor

Hi everyone.

I have a WKM and the GS for trying to do some photogrammetry and shooting photos at certain waypoints. (i know that photogrammetry is not that good in wkm)

So now i need some cable to connect the camera to the fc right? (i have a canon sx260)

What cable do you guys use for the camera shoots in certain waypoints?

thx
Sorry I haven't answered your pm. Basically get a canon RC shutter cable from here http://www.rcshutter.com/ or similiar then configure it on the PC groundstation to configure the servo pulse needed to activate the trigger.

JMarques

Sorry I haven't answered your pm. Basically get a canon RC shutter cable from here http://www.rcshutter.com/ or similiar then configure it on the PC groundstation to configure the servo pulse needed to activate the trigger.

So this cable connects to the FC directly right? In WooKong is the F1 correct?

Btw the shop dont have the miniUSB to servo connector. So maybe i will make my own cable. Will something like this work? http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm-to-chdk-camera-link-tutorial

Thank you Leor. ;)

JMarquez:

Your camera dont have Remote Shutter Port.....or IR....nothing to remote shutter

See the post above yours! thx anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:

leofuica

Ok, I understand

Ok, please explain me if you try to take pics every X meters, every x seconds or what, ¿what is your plain? ¿photogrammetry?

JMarques

I really dont know, i need to know first if i can connect the camera to the FC and yes try to take pics every X meters automatically, or something like that to do photogrammetry. But from what i read WKM sucks with that. In APM FC is way easier.

For the rest, NDVI photos on agriculture fields, i just need to make some waypoints and remotely take some pictures. Don't need it to be georeferenced.

Do you use the photogrammetry tool? Does it work?

saidquad

I wonder if IOSD markII would save the flight log even if no camera is connected to it. I need the log file for georeferences but I don't want to connect any camera to IOSD.

soler

I wonder if IOSD markII would save the flight log even if no camera is connected to it. I need the log file for georeferences but I don't want to connect any camera to IOSD.
Yes, it saves the log even if there is no camera attached

saidquad

Thank you soler. Probably not needed to be connected to a VTX either right? Iosd would be connected only to WKM, no camera, no VTX and still produce the log file? I can save some weight if I exclude the fpv camera and the VTX.

soler

Thank you soler. Probably not needed to be connected to a VTX either right? Iosd would be connected only to WKM, no camera, no VTX and still produce the log file? I can save some weight if I exclude the fpv camera and the VTX.

exactly,