Rc wireless audio broadcasting

john420

hi guys got a silly question is there any wireless audio broadcasting I mean that u have the mike and some kind of tinny speaker and that can be placed in your Multi copter so u can talk and it broadcast your voice like police helicopters ??

The problem as i see it is weight.... getting an amplifier, speaker and power source in the air plus receiver will be considerable. All depends i guess on how "loud" you want it. Id look at stripping down a bull horn as they come in different sizes etc. As far as wireless you could use a simple hand held UHF setup.

I really dont want to ask why other than you think it will be cool and fun to fly over a group of people and give them a bit of a scare? Not the best way to improve the public image of Mult Rotors and probably a quick way to draw unwanted attention to yourself.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Use your RC radio system to activate pre-recorded comments on a playback device install on your MR....... eliminates the problems associated with adding another receiver and corresponding RFI or EMI issues on your MR.... and you will need a small amplifier on the MR as well to boost the audio signal well above the motor noise. And be careful with the audio comments from the air.... people are easily perturbed.

hi guys got a silly question is there any wireless audio broadcasting I mean that u have the mike and some kind of tinny speaker and that can be placed in your Multi copter so u can talk and it broadcast your voice like police helicopters ??

Rainman

I can't think which laws this might directly break (obviously will differ from country to country) but looking at this logically, if you want to emit your voice from your multirotor then that would imply that you're planning on flying close enough to someone for them to hear it, which might also mean you're planning on flying in a public place. Rather than encouraging this type of activity I'm gonna say "don't go there", this sounds like trouble waiting to happen and I doubt you'll be doing responsible flyers any favours at all.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I was trying to figure this out as well for search and rescue needs. Totally possible. Too bad the audio channel on the vtx doesnt work the other way around.

soler

I would not complicate it with separate speakers and amps, take something existing
51xfUrev9dL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=071AJ92M8WKPFS1G5AS1

It weights nearly 1 Kg but I suspect that is with the 6x D Size batteries inside, I would power the system from a lipo. Use the detachable mic input to connect to a reverse setup up a standard Video TX/ RX system with the RX in the speaker, only using the audio channel. Remove the handle and use this to mount to you MR.

Then you have a 1000 yard sound range flying Megaphone!!! At only $22, a pretty cheap option