Quad flyaway

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry to be dumb, I think I know what a diversity board is, its something to wire two receivers to is it not? Is this in case one RX fails? is that a common occurrence?

Dumb Dave

PS iI am sure I should know what ARF is but could some one just prove me right! Its er....

Crash

Defies Psychics
Sorry to be dumb, I think I know what a diversity board is, its something to wire two receivers to is it not? Is this in case one RX fails? is that a common occurrence?

Dumb Dave

PS iI am sure I should know what ARF is but could some one just prove me right! Its er....
ARF - Almost ready to crash. ;)

The diversity board takes the signals from up to 4 satellites and sends the good one ahead. The satellites don't have the best range or antenna and then people tend to mount them on a metal motor arm. Diversity helps fix the problem.

moslow

Dumb Dave

Here the read out dave...
This handy little devices Allows you to plug into up to 4 Spektrum / JR Satellites into one output.

This allowing for true Multi Diversity switching with your 2.4 Spektrum/ JR systems.

To extend range and reliability.

Normal Working.
After switching on on the LED flashes fast, until a valid satellite signal is found. Then to the appropriate channel is switched and the LED goes out. (strongest one wins.)
If this selected receiver loses his signal, it switches to another receiver and the LED on the plate shines permanently, so that you know which one had a receipt loss. The LED can be deleted at any time with a short pressure on the connection key (up to the next error).

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
mmm i wonder if they do one for the Jeti Rx.. it would be nice have two and not have to rely on emergency gas!

Buzzed

Bummer, sorry for the loss. Anyone else here using a beacon in case of a fly away? I have a small one that transmits 5 miles to aid in search and rescue of a lost craft.

FOX222

I am. Oh wait you knew that.
I have to say the beacon gives me a great sense of security. I still worry about crashing. I don't worry about not be able to find it.

Buzzed

I am. Oh wait you knew that.
I have to say the beacon gives me a great sense of security. I still worry about crashing. I don't worry about not be able to find it.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I wanted to ask you FOX how you like the beacon. How long did it take you to be comfortable with the search and rescue 'testing" I still enjoy direction finding the beacon.

FOX222

Hi Buzzzzzzed,
I love it! It's small, light and gives me peace of mind.
It didn't really take me long but I have used tracking antennas before. Back in the amateur radio and CB boom I had more then one occasion to track and "fix" stations that were troubled. It was a 5 element yagi and quite a bit bigger then this hand held unit.
I am really surprised at how well the 2 element Moxon antenna works. I have seen the design before but had written it off because it looked too simple. live and learn.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Buzzed or Fox222.. I think I have seen a link somewhere to the becon thingymabob but could you just post it again please

dave

These are very good as well http://www.loc8tor.co.uk/Store/ available in places like Maplins in the UK

100-153-Loc8tor_PrimaryImage.jpeg

Buzzed

Gary I don't mean to let the air outta your balloon but the Loc8tor is a toy next to the beacon that FOX is using. 600 feet line of sight likely isn't going to cut it if you have a fly away which is what the Loc8tor is rated at. I'm using a beacon that's rated at 5 miles. Yes it is a lot more expensive that the Loc8tor but we are talking about finding MKs that cost us thousands of dollars to assemble and fly. So which beacon do you want to trust your MK too?

Q - What range does Loc8tor have?
A - Loc8tor has a maximum range of 183 metres / 600 feet. This is based upon an outdoor application with clear line of sight. Obstacles such as walls, floors, cupboards and other people will reduce the maximum range proportionately. The Handheld guides you to within 2.5cm / 1” of your possessions.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
which transmitter are you guys using and do they weigh much? does the antenna have to be extended straight?
thanks,
bart

Buzzed

you're using that for the RC plane locator? is it also for your OSD?

Bart I'm sorry that was 'brain lock'

The transmitter beacon is a AT-2B which transmits at 50 mw. I live in Ohio and we get a lot of freezing weather come winter. I discovered that the beacon stops transmitting within a couple of hours if exposed to freezing temps using the stock CR-2032 button cell. So I had the manufacturer make mine using a CR123A lithium battery. I threw the tx in the freezer for a full two weeks and it was still transmitting when I pulled it out. The antenna is flexible wire so it can be strapped or left to dangle.

I;m showing a stock and the modified beacon for reference.

Attachments

• beacon13.jpg
    beacon13.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 358
  • beacon22.jpg
    beacon22.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 207

Kilby

Just as soon as I think I'm done spending money for a little while you lot have to show me a new toy that I "need" to have. Thanks a lot! ;-)