procerus vtol

jes1111

"Stalker"? That's got to be the dumbest name ever! - it plays right to the public's fear of "drones" looking in bedroom windows and other "stalker-like" activities.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Dam, lockhead martin?

Capable of flying for 40 minutes...??? What are they powering it with, a nuclear fuel cell?

Motors and props look suspiciously like DJI S800 units and the center body work similar to a Droidworx CX4, I think Lockhead has been following the multirotor hobby market and cherry picked the features of their unit from what's already out there.

I can't imagine the price being less than well into the 5 figure range especially if they're targeting first responders and government agencies as their marketplace.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
lockhead martin has never been politicaly correct in there names.... they make warplanes,,,, not a real friendly sport

there showing some weird propane fuel cell on that plane that has it in the sky for days, probably a tiny hydrogen fuel cell if i had to guess

ChrisViperM

Attachments

• butane_truck.jpg
    butane_truck.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 309

blbills

I'm famous :)

Capable of flying for 40 minutes...??? What are they powering it with, a nuclear fuel cell?
Actually we're consistently getting around 55 minutes with a 200g payload outside in the elements. No trickery, no fancy battery, just pure engineering from the ground up.

Motors and props look suspiciously like DJI S800 units and the center body work similar to a Droidworx CX4, I think Lockhead has been following the multirotor hobby market and cherry picked the features of their unit from what's already out there.
Sorry, not even close.

I can't imagine the price being less than well into the 5 figure range especially if they're targeting first responders and government agencies as their marketplace.
Actually you might be surprised. Of course it's more than a hobby grade system. Units start at $25K. This is for full wp nav, failsafes, autonomous flight, 10km range etc... We're just starting a beta program but have plans to release in Q1 of next year.

Politacal correct or not...this is a sexy little bastard....and did you check that damn sweet remote control ?
Why thank you. I'm obviously biased but I think it looks much better than our competition, the AV Qube. Gotta love the handcontroller with the 8.5in outdoor readable screen. Too much fun.

plingboot

it's lovely, funny how small and un-clunky things can get when you have a MASSIVE r&d budget to rely on.

kloner

Aerial DP
great job bills if your for real. shes a piece of engineering beauty.........

What state are you out of?

Macsgrafs

I hate to spoil the partys gentlemen, but LM's quad looks like the stuff we fly, espcially to a member of the public! Now that can work 2 ways, both bad against us guys.

1)Spy drones could be operating over sovereign soil alongside our ships & no one would notice!
2)When the public start seeing this thing on the MSM news, they will view all MR aircraft as LM military spy drones...do you see the bigger picture here, we could all end up grounded if LM has a serious crash with one of thier quads! or worse!

No offence to LM, but guys....keep away from our stuff will you before you F it up for us all, thank you kindly.
Ross

Kilby

Wow, I think it speaks volumes about our forum when you realize we have folks here from Lockheed Martin. Welcome to MRF, Brian!

Just curious, do you also fly any type of multi-rotor for fun, or just work?

-Terry

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Sorry guys, I've already probably said too much. Here is our official flyer on the vehicle:

http://procerus.com/Downloads/DataSheets/Kestrel3_VTOL_System_2012.pdf

If some of you are interested in a beta program send an email to brian.bills@lmco.com

I see LM acquired Procerus technologies, the easy way to jump to the front of the line, buy an already established military grade flight controller system company. I looked at their flight controller a while ago, interesting features but unfortunately far too expensive for hobby or APV use.

I'll gladly beta test one for you, it would be interesting to see how it compares to the world of lesser multirotor copters.

And BTW, the price is just about what I figured it would be, most of the professional systems aimed at first responder/government/etc start in that range. Granted you get a lot for the $ spent but it's still a fair chunk of change for a technology that is still in its infancy and bound to become outdated quickly at the rate development is occuring.

Ken