Problems with brand new F450 + NAZA

Jackella

Hi Ian,i'm in South Shore Blackpool,yes you not wrong about secluded places to fly round the fylde.
I go solo to a bit of spare land in Staining,very rarely have dog walkers etc.also go to the flying club field at Parrox lane nr. Kirkham in the day,again rarely anyone there.Not good for weekends though as a bit busy.
Just got into the FPV thing,about 12 succesful flights so far on the F550 Hexa and a few planks.
sundays i head up to winter hill area,massive open landscapes there for the FPV flying,to meet up with one or 2 guys just getting into it.
where in Bispham you found?

can gladly meet up most times as i'm semi retired now.:dejection:
Brod...

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Not sure what hardware you have, but you might try upgrading to Win 7. I have a Mac, and Win 7 on bootcamp. When it becomes time to replace the Mac I will be going back to the dark side (I can hear the boos and hisses now). Vista was / is a major piece of crap, that caused me to try the Mac. I have built my own PCs since 94 and that operating system was a disaster. Win 7 on the other hand is quite stable. Of course, MicroSoft is getting ready to release their next version of the operating system, now that they have one that works. If you do need to do a new install, hopefully you have backed up all of your important documents and files, as you stand a chance of losing them.

Hi Jackella

Staining would be just perfect for me, it is only down the road from where I am in south Poulton. We must meet and you can perhaps show me where this land is ? I did not know there was an outside flying club in Kirkham. The Preston heli club met at the high school on Thursday evenings, but that is inside of course.

I can meet most times as I am retired, although I do a lot of work on Helis for other people, but if the weather is good then I can always take 1/2 a day off from the work side. Maybe you can give me a call, my number is on my web site.

Cheers - Ian

Hi Leet
I might consider Windows 7 but I really do not want to pay any more to Mickeysoft. I only use this particular PC in my hangar so it is not backed up much sadly. I will have to redownload the various heli setup programs I use (Helicommand, Alien command, 3G, 3GX, NAZA etc.) The rest of its use is on the web.
Cheers - Ian

Hello to all fellow owners
I just got my f450 today and began to build it with the vague instructions i have.
I have a couple of questions .
Am i correct in pluging the wire from the v -sen to x3 ?
am i correct in pluging in x1 to x2 on my rx and x2 to x3 on my rx (spectrum dx8 + ar8000 rx) note i also have the gps module

sorry for the basic questions but i m a complete newb to flying machines and the many connections involved.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hello to all fellow owners
I just got my f450 today and began to build it with the vague instructions i have.
I have a couple of questions .
Am i correct in pluging the wire from the v -sen to x3 ?
am i correct in pluging in x1 to x2 on my rx and x2 to x3 on my rx (spectrum dx8 + ar8000 rx) note i also have the gps module

sorry for the basic questions but i m a complete newb to flying machines and the many connections involved.

Hi unclear,

yes Vsen goes into 3x

I am not sure what you mean with this. You can plug in Aux1 to X1 and Aux 2 to X2 thus using them for some of the features of the NAZA, important is that you assign a three position switch to the U port on the NAZA so you can change flight modes.

The GPS module goes into the EXP port of the gaza.

Boris

Hi unclear,

yes Vsen goes into 3x

I am not sure what you mean with this. You can plug in Aux1 to X1 and Aux 2 to X2 thus using them for some of the features of the NAZA, important is that you assign a three position switch to the U port on the NAZA so you can change flight modes.

The GPS module goes into the EXP port of the gaza.

Boris

hi boris

thanks for the reply.

ok clear on that now.

i have read that i can setup the f mode switch to change from gps to atti to manual mode , going further another 3 switch say aux 2 on dx8 is set to change the other modes used such as orientation etc and finally a 2 step switch(gear??) on the tx to activate failsafe.(whilst in gps,atti or man mode)
if all that makes sense to anyone , how the heck do i setup up my dx8 to do all that??

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
sorry i don't have a DX i am a graupner futaba guy. But i can guide you in the correct direction. You will have to setup a mixer were the 2 way switch will effect the 3 way aux switch and put it into fail safe/RTH. You gotta check some spectrum threads for that.

Boris

cheers again Boris

I have been looking around for dx8 tips with naza but no luck so far for the info i m after.
The search continues!

Well i got home today and dived straight into where i left off and within no time i managed to get the dx8 , f450 and gps all singing together on the assistant.

With the excitment of getting it ready to fly i shot out to the garden once the lipo was fully charged.
Got it spinning but was getting no lift what so ever ,so first thing that came to mind was more throttle maybe!! Bad idea .. A funny noise then pop went one prop .
Took it back in and realised after checks i had the r props on the wrong motor duh.

Changed them around and back out.
And we had lift off . i cant believe it i got it flying straight away and it was so simple to fly around (first time ive flown anything apart from the cheapo mini choppers you can find in toy shops lol) i thought i would try the fail safe and flicked the switch. it seemed to hover then a few seconds later it shot up in the air and i had no control .(lights was flashing yellow i think)
I started crapping it thinking its going to crash land and cause damage as it was directly above the niegbours house. Some how i regained the controls and managed to hover it safely back to the garden.
Why would it shoot up suddenly in failsafe mode (i set return to home) ?

tstrike

pendejo grande
That's what failsafe does, raise the copter 20 meters and returns to home, home being where it was satellite locked. congratulations on getting going!

Ahh makes sense , so thats a sign its doing what it supposed to.

Im going to take the gps off the pole supplied and stick it to the quad as i dont feel it looks safe for a newbie like myself, all out there ready for an expensive impact.
Is it ok to to mount it on say an arm?
where do you guys recommend mounting it on the quad (probably use doublesided pad)

tstrike

pendejo grande
look through the dji forum on this site, lots of discussion on different mounting locations, search is your friend. Remember to recalibrate new gps location in your naza assistant.