Pixhawk flight modes

cootertwo

I agree with violetwolf, it looks pretty good to me. I'm usually happy if mine will stay put long enough for me to walk up to it (not recommended), grab a leg, and try to drag it away from it's position, let go, and she'll go back to original spot. Most all flight controllers will drift around "a little". And you could probably spend hours, tweaking the settings to get it even better.

Chalagi

My mid level throttle is set to about 460 to 480 right now. Since my altitude setting is 1.0 do I next to increase this setting by0.5 or keep it at 1.0?

Chalagi

If the gps has a dead on lock it should not move hardly any. The carbon core x4 that I hard right before getting this Tarot piece of crap would hold a solid gps lock but I was using a Naxa-m V1 at the time.

violetwolf

My mid level throttle is set to about 460 to 480 right now. Since my altitude setting is 1.0 do I next to increase this setting by0.5 or keep it at 1.0?

You need to remember where your stick is for hover, and set the throttle stick to that position just before you flip back into Stab. ;) I usually don't bother with the override in the firmware as the hover point changes depending which batteries, camera, lenses etc I have on board. (My AUW changes often)

violetwolf

If the gps has a dead on lock it should not move hardly any. The carbon core x4 that I hard right before getting this Tarot piece of crap would hold a solid gps lock but I was using a Naxa-m V1 at the time.

This can depend on which GPS antenna you have as well. The quality varies considerably. I haven't been keeping up with that, but I am aware that there are a few GLONASS ones available now that are very accurate. GPS reception varies considerably as well depending on location, time of day, obstructions, interference, solar flares etc.

The reality is that loiter is only a "parking" mode anyway. When you need to think for a second to setup the next shot, waiting for actors to hit their mark etc. Loiter (and most of the auto modes) are too twitchy/jerky for filming in anyway... your smoothest shots are in Stab or possibly Alt Hold ... This is true of all FC's that I've used.

Chalagi

I have the 3DR gps that came with the standard pixhawk kit. I think I might raise my altitude setting in the firmware on this next flight by 0.3 or 0.4 to see what happens.

Update: I was able to open your eeprom after downloading the latest companion 9x

Last edited by a moderator: